I was at a lecture in a classroom that must be a memory from when I was visiting a school in Italy, cause it looked just like it. The teacher had this really cool experiment, where he could make our faces glow yellow if he first put water in em with a spray-gun and then stuck this chemical onto it. A guy from my high school (I'm not even in high school anymore) class, Simon, had stolen some high concentration pill-like things with the chemical in it, and passed them around. I got myself a whole bottle.

Now I was in a forest, just outside a cave, with my brothers and sister. I don't know why, but I decided to make fun of them, and put a whole handful of the pills in my face and ran at them screaming bloody murder. They were scared as hell, naturally. Then it began to be painful and I fell to the ground, trying to get the pills off my glowing face. They kind-of stuck and I could feel my skin peel off. It hurt like nothing I've tried.

Inside the cave, there were these old egyptian artifacts. For some reason, I thought I was the first ever to discover these, even though they were all in wooden crates. I opened one, and it was a little music box, with small figures. In the bottom was 3 drawers, each with their own melody. Amazingly cool. I dropped it and broke it, though...

Finally, I was at a classmates house (it was different, of course), where there was some kind of party. I was noisy, and suddenly I started kicking everybody's collective ass. I'm not sure why, but they flew around. This guy went at me with a match, but I forced his hand into a stack of newspapers, and when they caught fire, I held him firmly into the flames until he died.

Then I went to sleep and woke up.


See July 6, 2001 for analysis of this dream.

More cool nightmares!

For some reason I woke up and was very confused about the time. The clock said 3:15, but I couldn't believe it. Fully awake, I went to go get my watch. Same thing. Hm, went to bed. Then I was kinda trapped in that half asleep, half awake phase for a long time. In the dream (??) I was in bed. I'd get up to turn on the lights, and all the junk on the floor of my room would be stuck to the ceiling. It looked like the scene from Poltergeist where all the kitchen chairs hover eerily in midair. At first it wasn't that spooky, but my notebook was up there and I didn't want it falling on the floor.

So I dealt with all that somehow, tried to sleep and I felt the force of creepiness whipping through the room again. Lights on, all the stuff was back up there. As if The Matrix had slipped a bit and increased the X value for all my stuff. For some reason I really had the hell scared out of me now and tried to sleep. I felt that force again, and my shirt moved. But then it was over, and all I did was lie there in terror.

I decided to walk down to the walgreens to get some toy food. I was scared shitless about all the stuff happening in my room so I was goin strapped, with my rl Mossberg 500 shotgun that has a collapsable stock. I had the rod concealed under my jacket. It was dead of night in the dream, and I figured I could get away with it. Just out and back real quick.

But, on the way back, I somehow wound up downtown. East St Louis. I was now packin in broad daylight. and terrified that the cops would find me and bust me for sure. And I somehow ran into someone I knew, who ducked us into a whorehouse (wtf??) for reasons whatever. We stood around for a while talking about nothing with the ho's. I didn't get any service per say, and suddenly I got the notion the cops were about to raid the place. A peek out the window verified this. I forgot about my friend and bolted for the alley door. Sure enough, the street side of the alley was lined with cops. And I still had that goddamn shotgun on me. I didn't think about going back in, but headed back down the alley.

There were cops lining the back of the whorehouse as well. I just turned and walked away as calmly as I could. To get to another alley, to duck into somewhere else, to get away. Then I heard a "HEY!" far back from the cops. I didn't look, just started running. I ran through back a maze of back alleys for while and ended up in the playground of some religious downtown school. And somehow, I'd wound up with more items, like a big box and a newspaper, and another freakin boomstick. Great

The best way I could think to carry all this shit was box in hands, shotguns on top of it, and a newspaper on top of them. I could walk with all the junk and armament and look like I was readin the paper. Then I wound up at the abandoned friends house, which was pretty noneventful except I almost let all his birds out of his house by whoops.

/me really needs to get back into lucid dreaming!!
I had a great friend in my early 20's, a woman called Reyne, who lived in Greenwich Village in New York City. We were in the same industry, we had some mutual friends. I was blessed to become her lover, and enjoyed her company for perhaps a total of five months, over four visits to NY.

Being on the other side of the planet, it was difficult to stay as close as I would have liked, and both of us are to blame for not making as great an effort as we could have.

On my last visit to NY, a few years ago, I tried my best to see her. I only had a few days in town, and she wasn't answering her 'phone, so I went down to Horatio Street early one morning, and waited for her. I waited from 8am through 10pm -- she didn't show. I sneaked into her apartment building behind another resident and went up to her front door. No one there, so I slipped a note under the door.

I've not heard from Reyne. I think of her at least once a week, and have done so since we were great friends and allies.

Last night I dreamt of Reyne. I dreamt that I was back in NY, and went to visit. I found her walking in the front door with a large good-looking man in his early forties. Reyne and I were really happy to see each other, and we (the three of us) sat at her little table in her studio, and chatted. The feeling was so nice, like old friends, like really being there. The fellow left, in time, and I discovered that he was not her lover (as I had assumed), rather a good friend and workmate. She's no longer in the music business -- is now an investment advisor!

In my dream, we enjoyed visiting for some hours. Towards the end of my dream, I realised that I was merely dreaming and started to drift awake. Happy/Sad.

I must look that girl up!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.