It was ice hockey game (why in the earth ice hockey keeps visiting in my dreams..!?) Finland vs. Czech Republic. Finnish team was practising and uncrowned number one reporter Antero Mertaranta was singing the praises of practising method. Former national couch Curt Lindström (Swedish) was passing difficult passes and players were supposed to shoot a one timer. If it didn't work out a player in turn tried to play against four other players.

I was there and I made good. The game started and my former junior basketball couch Pentti Toivonen gave me orders to go on the ice because "Laitinen was a tough guy." However, the starting five was already there and I had to wait for them coming off.

Then happened an interesting and colourful dislocation and redefinition of the game. It wasn't just one event but the place and the game both were constantly changing. For now on I wasn't able to say whether I was playing with Finnish national team, with ice hockey players of my age from my home town or with my former neighbours accompanied by a girl from Thailand and some fourth nobody. Furthermore, I wasn't able to say whether I played ice hockey or floorball. The place was also changing constantly: from an ice stadium to a virtual cave (huge screens as walls) and then to an ordinary sports hall of a school.

I noted Jussi: "Hats will go broke." ??? I took the ball/puck from opponents. I didn't know what to do then. A girl from Thailand said that supposingly it's our turn to attack. Rami started bravely (as he always did). Then Thai-girl made a hastily hit -- we were supposed to drive the ball throughout the virtual cave. I got my moment and I took the ball again and I ruled the game but just in the end Jussi took the ball from me. He was about to shoot and I threw my stick to prevent him shooting the goal, althought I knew it would be desperate attempt. However I managed to do it and Jussi (same Jussi as in other dream) really hit my flying stick! How funny; I was rolling on the floor laughing! Others, except Jussi, had fun too. The fact that Jussi eventually scored didn't satisfy him nor it didn't stop us laughing. Jussi started to become angry: "Don't you fuckin laugh." I couldn't help my self giggling: "Oh, you really did it.."

There might be an underlying theme that Fatima, a French girl who have visited my dreams previously as well, was happy with the outcome. But I wasn't able to say it (both in the dream nor when I woke).

Mental Mitosis

  • Before I went to sleep, I wracked my brain trying to remember the name of the neurologist I'm supposed to call today. A fragment of a dream remains where I'm reading his name off a piece of paper--an information bridge from subconciousness to consciousness. Very helpful dream.

  • Mental mitosis...I feel like my mind splits into two people. One wakes up in bed, not remembering where he is as he looks around the strange new bedroom. The other remains asleep with his head on the pillow.

  • My dad is living on the third floor of an apartment building. It's a huge condo, really, with a two-stories-high ceiling. It's night, and from the balcony I look out over the city lights in the distance.

  • Mental mitosis...I'm two different people splitting apart. One awakens in a strange bed, the other dreams.

  • I'm on a bus for single people. It slowly drives past a line of people standing on the sidewalk and if a rider sees someone he/she likes, they pull the line and the driver stops and opens the doors. The bus is quite crowded and people get off every few feet or so. I'm not really enthusiastic about being here and decide to just get off and walk home. Once off the bus, a lovely blonde girl approaches me. She looks a little like Sarah Jessica Parker. I tell her I'm not interested but she goes on about how she is one of those people who can separate love from sex.

  • Mental mitosis...two bodies at once. One turning over in bed, one walking along a dark road on a hill overlooking the city. Behind, a beautiful woman stands under a streetlamp.

  • Back in my dad's apartment, I go to the bathroom and see that someone didn't flush their BM. I lean against the window, looking out over the dark landscape and the city lights in the distance.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.