(Dextromethorphan Dreams)

Wandering around an unfamiliar house, the only smell I could recognize was one of filth. Animal waste littered the floor and stained the carpets, claw marks and matted fur scarring the décor.

Walking to the kitchen, I could see a black sheepdog, still young, but mad. His eyes rolled in their sockets, and he stumbled towards me, wishing me harm but not quite able to turn very well. As he fell on his side, foam collected at the edges of his mouth, his chest rising and lowering. I looked into his eyes, and saw only poison.

...

My Jessica, my darling Jessica is with me, and she smiles. Our foreheads touch momentarily, and there is a spark, not quite electricity but of the same consistency. I laugh inside my head, and she smiles. I find myself thinking in questions, and her face is answering them.

Without words, we laugh, and share stories.

...

There are men in our room. Workers of some kind, they force me out of bed and shove me, stumbling, into the hallway. Pornographic posters belonging to Jessica and I line the halls and cover the floor, and as I try to clean them, Jes’ mother finds me.

She screams at me, calling me a dirty dirty boy, and taking me by the nape of the neck, shoves me down the stairs.

...

Again, Jessica. Again, purity. Her skin is soft, and her mouth is warm on my skin, as she smiles, bubbling laughter I can hear in my mind.

I close my eyes, and surrender myself to her. It is only then that alarm overcomes me, and I react too late to prevent sudden weights and restraints holding me down, masks preventing me from sight, or sound.

It is the laughter of friends I hear, as my lungs scream for air and my thoughts turn grey.
Strange dreams last night. Coming back from holidays and forgetting guitars in hotel rooms, receiving phone calls from forgotten aquaintences ("Don't you remember me?" they said. "I'll have to call you back." I said.) chasing a big, crazy mouse around in a damp, brick tunnel with a white, vanilla oblong of light at the end, and other such bizarre-ness.

I told myself to write it down because I knew I'd forget the detail otherwise.
Next time, maybe.

In a kitchen. Plenty of people around. Not people... Sims. [That would explain why I only saw two walls.] All I know is I have to get to class, but some lady is trying to sponge up the spilled dishwater on the floor under Kenny, and I have to warn him or he'll be electrocuted. And then he's gone and she's coming to clean up under me. NO! I don't want to be electrocuted! I hide in the shower.

This is an old dream that is pretty vivid in my mind because it was so disturbing. It happened when I was about 12.

A girl with long flowing hair (possibly brunette) and I are having sex in the middle of a dark room with me on top. The only light in the room is a TV on my right side. On my left side are three recliners with people in them. My mind said they were her family members. One was cheering me on saying stuff like, "Good Job" and "You can do it". The other two just watched the TV. I can't see the walls but I know that there is an interior corner behind me and the room is shaped something like Nebraska is. I don't orgasm and neither does she but suddenly the vision in my mind zooms out up to the ceiling and I see a pool of blood on the floor near our crotches. Again my mind said that this was because she was a virgin which I really didn't understand at the time. I also had the feeling that I was 15 and she was 15.

This really scared the shit out of me. My curiosity when awake made me ask questions about the blood. A friend of mine in high school told me the rest and that scared the shit out of me more.
An odd dream, even for me ... Everything took place in Egypt. The setting was a journey back to the roots of religion. A theme trip, if you will, and the part in my dream was a visit to the original temple of the Jewish people in exile in Egypt (don't ask me, it's my subconscious coming up with this stuff) and a visit to the pyramids.
The sky was, cliche-wise, the color of red wine.

Read that again. The entire dream, be it morning, noon or night, that sky remained red as blood, red as wine. That's the most poignant image remaining with me, that red sky, against the backdrop of the pyramids and the temples, seeing a yellow sun melting into that painfully unnatural redness. It was beautiful and scary, and even though it was a dream, I think it will remain with me for a long time.
We stayed in a hostel about a mile from the pyramids. I remember a scene from the dream, checking into the hostel, the inn-keeper (for want of a better word) showing us to the room, the sight of the red sky through the curtains, the sand of the desert under the sky.
Part of the stay included a guided tour to the historic sites in the vicinity. Painfully corny, a tourbus, a group of obvious tourists with cameras, driving to one of the most monumental sites you can imagine. I never saw a pyramid in real life, but in my dreams, the things must have been 10 times the size of the actual buildings. I wish I could paint, so I could impart the grandeur of the impossibly huge buildings, built from weathered yellow stone, sticking out of the desert under that insanely red sky.
Another scene: a visit to some rooms in the pyramid. Walking through dark corridors, the feeling of being underground. I remember the visit to the room of the temple prostitutes, looking at mummies wrapped in bandages, and realizing they used to be gorgeous women.
In the dream I dreamed that I met one of them. It's an odd thing, dreaming of something while you are dreaming. Jorge Luis Borges would have a ball with it.
It was one of those dreams that lasted for several days, but when I woke up, I had only been asleep for an hour or two.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.