Percodan + sleep = much strangeness

In addition to my normal insomnia, I also have this stupid flu that keeps me from getting a decent rest, so I've been using the pain pills from my wisdom tooth operation (they gave me something like thirty of 'em, three of which I actually used for the purposes of relieving pain).

I had about eight dreams that I remember, but don't, exactly. I know I had about eight dreams, and I know they all ran together, but I only remember specific elements. There was a strange bit of cliche at the end of every dream as I'd realize reality was getting out of hand and I'd say "but wait, this is just a dream!" and then the next dream would start.

I went to sleep at about nine in the morning, and woke up from one set of dreams with my heart absolutely pumping. It was knocking against the inside of my chest for something like an hour before I stood up and walked around.

Or was that just another dream?

Anyway, the goods:

  • All of my friends had been turned into cartoon characters from black-and-white movies. For some of them it seemed like the fruitful end of a lifelong ambition. The others I was running around, trying to prevent them from jumping off buildings (like it would actually kill them, or something).
  • I was checking my e-mail when I got a letter from a girl saying she never wanted to hear from me again. In real life, I had sent this girl a letter jokingly complaining that she could never make time to even call me, so I wasn't sure whether her reply was sarcastic or real. Then random e-mails started disappearing from my inbox. As soon as I thought, "huh, that's weird," my monitor started melting like a giant ice cube.
  • Camping with Space Moose who, despite his comic, is actually a great guy.
  • Playing football in two feet of snow. Cattle prods were somehow involved.

That's all I can recall. I seem to remember much more happening, entire sagas. Oh, wait... there was some manner of a school dance or prom that I was supposed to provide music for, until it was taken over by international terrorists (this seems to be a running theme in my dream world... I blame too much exposure to movies like Die Hard in my childhood). I then spent the rest of my dream running around trying to free somebody... somebody specific who, for the life of me, I can't name or place right now. I was sneaking, Thief-style, around this huge mansion that I know was erected in 1997 (there were copyright dates on the trees) trying to break into rooms. Demons were somehow involved, and while some wanted to see my soul eternally roasting in a lake of fire, others wanted to be my friends and help defeat the terrorists.

After a while, my friend Karl, whom I haven't seen in about a year, showed up and helped me break into this dark room that had a dead raccoon hanging from the ceiling. He then ventured further into the house and got caught by... something. The dream ended as I skidded outside and hid behind a bush, watching and waiting for Karl to return.

That was the last dream I had.

Now, I need to admit that all this is pretty standard as far as my dreams go. However, the weird part is that, upon waking, I found that all my furniture had been shifted just slightly. Someone had been in my apartment to move my couches, root through some of my piles, upset a stack of laundry in the living room, but not take anything.

I keep saying out loud "wait, this is just a dream!" but so far I'm still stuck in this notion of reality.

I didn't have a dream, though this is what I would have liked to have dram:

I'm sitting on my bed in my room, staring at my wall. I hear a knock on the door. I lie down and when I open my eyes nate is staring at me. I smile and he burps. I giggle. I close my eyes and when I open them I'm in a strange bright room. The room has no corners, it's round with a huge windows on the floor. I look down at the floor and see clouds. I look up and see the ocean. I walk to the center of the room where a single red sofa stands. I lay on it and look down at the clouds. All of a sudden I feel hands rubbing my back. I look back and see nate staring at me with so much passion. This time I know better than to blink. If I blink he'll just disappear again. I stand there staring at him, my eyes getting watery. He whispers, "blink Mlady..I'll be here when you open your eyes." He knew my thoughts. I blink. He's still there. I stand up and take his hands in mine. I look into his eyes and I can see how happy I look. I begin to cry tears of joy. He touches my face, and I close my eyes. I can feel his breathe on my face. He gets closer and kisses my eyes. I wake up.

Had a dream that I hadn't had since I was in 8th grade.

I am in one of those non-tub showers and well I'm showering. Though as I shower I notice that I am not me, I am a teenage blond girl. I looked in the mirror and saw myself, I must say that I was HOT!! I rubbed the soap all over and even, *gulp* (feeling too embarrased to say) masturbated.

That was the whole dream and I remember feeling what it was like to have felt something inside me. Now I know why girls love it so much, it was a weird feeling. Maybe I was somehow understanding how women work. The only other person who knows I had this dream in 8th grade is my ex-girlfriend, and now all of you.

Well I finally had another dream. It all started at school, I was sad for some odd reasons I didn’t seem to know why. I drive home and just as I am passing clearpebbles house I see a movers truck there, so I go to my house and call, her phone was disconnected strange so I walk over to see what was up. I see her putting all these boxes marked with x’s in the back of this moving truck. I ask her what happened she looks at me throws me the finger laughs and tells me to fuck off so I say ok and start walking back home, Then she screams hey Rey and I turn around and say what and she says this is the last time you see me and I say what and start bursting in to tears, I ask her why and she tells me that’s its all my fault that I made her do this and said what did I do and she said all those emails and letters and nodes that you did you telling me that you liked me that you love me just did it in for me and I said why and started to cry even more but I couldn’t stop her I asked her were she was going and she said “ I aint going to fucking tell you” so I cry even more I cry for the loss of a friend so I start walking home and I see her walking back crying she says something but I cant hear her and then she hugs me and says goodbye and then I wake up feeling all shity

I don't remember the first part of this dream, but I'm sure there was. I only remember the part that disturbed me:

Anyway, what I can remember is that I was out on the East Coast with the rest of my family, as well as our pet fox terrier, which is unchained and running around. I don't recall being in the location that we are in, but I surely must have been here before once or twice (see below). It is some sort of city park, because we are in a grassy area with some woods nearby, but we are right off the street, in the middle of a residential neighborhood.

My sister and I are walking around together, and my parents are almost out of sight, behind a thin stand of trees. It is well into fall, and most of the trees have changed color.

Standing on one side the park's grassy area is an interesting tree. Its general shape is like a standard fruit-bearing tree: its trunk diverges low to the ground into several branches that radiate in a generally hemispherical shape. Its bark is a dark gray, almost black, and very smooth. Instead of having standard leaves, at the end of each branch is a long set of thick, stiff dark purple leaves, which come straight out of the end of the branch, then round in, so the branches seem to end in a rounded edge. As the wind blows through the tree, the branches seem to unulate like tentacles, and the leaf bunches separate slightly like little beaks.

I tell my sister that this tree was the inspiration for a recurring nightmare I had when I was a child: I was standing in front of a tree that actually had tentacles as branches, and one of them would reach out and bite me. She thinks that's cool, and reaches out to touch one of the leafy ends of the tree. I'm still not getting too close to it, however.

To one side of the tree is a low stone wall marking the boundary of the park, and I stand up on it to look at the upper branches of the tree. As I stand there, I see a tag located on one of the branches in front of me. It labels the tree as a "Black Speckled Oak". I am surprised to read this, because I see no speckles on it, and I thought that Oak trees were a lot taller. I see another tag in the upper branches, and I crane to read it. It states that the tree was planted in November of 1980. This is also surprising, because the tree seems pretty large for being only 20 years old. Defying my description above, this second tag seems to be attached to a branch that has evergreen needles on it.

At about this time a deer comes out of the woods. It is scruffy looking, and I think I see it limping. Our dog starts to run after it, and the deer starts to run away, still slowly. I am afraid that our dog will try to kill the deer, but instead it catches up to it and jumps at its side, clearly aggressively but not directly hazardous to the deer. I start to think that the deer is very sick, and I try to call the dog back, not wanting him to catch anything nasty from the deer. He does not listen to my calls, and continues to bully the deer. The deer looks clearly sick now, moving slowly and sometimes staggering along. In fact, only the size, coloration, general shape and geographic location of the animal lead me to believe that it is actually a deer.

It is at this point that I wake up.

What disturbs me, other than the general disturbing tone of the dream, is that I was so convinced in the dream that I had had earlier nightmares about a tentacle tree. I do not recall having had any such dreams now. I do not know which part of my mind to trust on this.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.