So I'm sitting in a very fancy dining room with Mneek and a third person of indeterminate identity and we're eating takeout Chinese food of some sort (or maybe it's Thai since mine seems to be made with rice noodles and peanuts and we really did eat Thai food last night). The table is quite fancy and there is a white linen table cloth and I have the feeling that there is some kind of event going on in the house. Someone rushes into the room just as we're starting to offer each other tastes of the various dishes we've got on our plates and the third person there gets up to attend to something or other.

Then Bobby Knight struts into the dining room and comments how good the food smells. He begins to reach for the food on the unattended plate, but I protest that it's someone's dinner. He brushes me off and proceeds to walk around the table eating from all the plates with his fingers. Ultimately, most of the food is gone and he burps. I am really angry.

A little later, I find myself alone in a room with Knight, so I jump him. He's all smug at first because he has me pegged for a weakling. Ha! I pin his arms to the side and bash his face into the floor again and again.

~Tiny scraps of yellow lined paper phrases written all over them, words crafted in simplicity, ingenuous and unstudied they were cast about the room, pasted to the wall unpuzzled. It was me who had written the words and I was envious.

~Katherine lounged on the couch and looked at me with derision. She loved running people over who got in her way and I was always the first in line......telling me what I should and ought to say ....trying to manipulate and elicit guilt. I had had enough and told her I was human and the only thing I SHOULD be doing around here is making mistakes.

~Then I see a purple and yellow chicken walk through the living room

"He brought a chicken with him!" I tell my husband.
A skunk, a big blonde cocker spaniel-sort of skunk, walks through.

"He brought a chicken AND a skunk??!!" I laugh.

I went to a party at my ex-boyfriend's apartment, totally unlike any apartment he ever lived in. The apartment was designed or decorated in all 1980's black and mirror and glass and chrome. It was huge, and looked like a movie set. There were reporters and photographers there, apparently my loser ex had become a big media star somehow, and there were hundreds of party-goers there as well.

I went with my daughter, who is 18. Jay, my ex, invited us to have some refreshment so we followed him along many passageways and around corners in this gigantic apartment. There on two black glossy counters, were two two foot high mounds of cocaine.

Being the good party guests, we immediately snorted up and I felt the slow, sensous sensation of getting high. I also felt incredibly guilty for doing this in front of my daughter.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.