The Carlosian Dream Project

Part 11

See Also: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, and Part 10

Note: The author places this segment between the events of Part 9 and Part 10.

Grey

The Baron of Darkness emerges from the shadows into the Land of Grey. The Dark Knight stands out in his Black Trench Coat, and Dark Presence.

Once again in the land of compromisers, The Intercessor of the Shadows stands to survey the dismal, fog filled realm. It is a place that sickens the stoic gaze of the Dark Warrior.

The lone figure opens his black trench coat to reveal his hand crafted ebony scabbard and the silver handled Katana Blade.

A gray shadow moves in the distance, alerting the sneaky bastard senses, of Carlos, but he remains, still, waiting for the cowardly figure to show himself.

BaronCarlos knows who is evading him. More so, BaronCarlos is stalking the deviant that has stolen his face, his identity, his image, and polluted it with Grey.

The Gray, trench coat clad figure emerges without a sword. The compromiser is without defense, and once the coward has his chance, the grey form flees to the fog and mist.

Like a predator in the hunt, BaronCarlos chases the warrior in flight, his dark form cutting through the fog like a flashlight in the darkness. Carlos easily closes in, like a jungle cat, in the labyrinth of grey columns and barriers. Soon the grey man is trapped in a corner, clawing for freedom.

He quickly gains footing and flees down another path, only to impale himself upon the deadly blade of the Baron of Darkness.

The two men exchange glances as death approaches the Grey Carlos. The Baron of Darkness removes the blade from the Baron of Grey, and lifts the Katana for a death blow.

In defiance, the Grey Bastard looks up in malice as the sword rushes down upon his head.

The Grey Figure is smashed upon impact.

One Carlos, the Dark Baron Carlos remains.

The Victor stands over the rubble, and his black gloved hand picks up what is left of the Grey Fedora hat.

In a silent exit the Baron of Darkness returns to his home in the shadows.

CPCC, but an oddly patched-over version, there are aspects like no place I have ever worked – located among storefronts and apartment houses, and a few blocks away must be the ocean. At some point I become aware that I can’t remember my commute; I gaze around suspiciously to try and figure out what else is missing, probing for some seam in the fabric of reality that will justify my disquiet. Clothes and laundry scattered all over the floor, and me in just a blouse-y T and underwear. I straighten my underwear as Henry (the maint engineer) tries to show Dad how he uses his PDA to access his bank account. Still, I’m puzzled. And what is my job here? What have I done all day? Getting dark, Armando the roach coach driver perched like a gnome on his truck, fumbling with burgers and wallet, and a brief spell with my fellow employees – Dawn and other girls from my grammar school days, and it almost arouses my suspicion that we are all together again, so far from our neighborhood. I get into Dad’s car, back seat, Mom in front, and I try to explain how I’m afraid I am dreaming. The city (FtL or an imaginary, Palm-Beach-like St Pete?) shines back at me in crisp clean model detail – big primary colored office buildings with decorative knight helmets, all familiar as only things in a dream can be, lulling me back into the illusion.

We strapped schoolchildren to a huge wheel and hypnotized them; monitoring them as they entered a collective, meditative state. It seems all of us had been subjected to this as kids--it was part of the social fabric.

In another part of the dream, I found an ancient Egyptian temple. I ran my fingers over the stones; one of them sunk into the wall, revealing a hidden doorway. I entered into a room made entirely of glass, overlooking Nuremberg. It was full of Jewish refugees, who eyed me fearfully.

I heard sounds outside. The temple filled with American tourists. Their chatter and laughter shook the walls. I ran into the throng, as the bricks caved in around me. The dirt floor flooded suddenly with blood and seawater.

Then there was nothing but ocean and I clung to a rock, as the water grew higher and higher.

Hmmmm. Biblical, I think.

Ok, after you read this dream log...you might ask yourself, "Where the fuck did this dream come from?". Honestly, I DONT KNOW. All I know is I had a dream with a very concrete plot, it could even be made into a hollywood screenplay (or may be an episode of Buffy, if so...i want a cameo!)...and I call it...

VAMPIRE LUXURY CRUISE

Further more, please excuse all the poor diction that this dream log includes, I wrote it as soon as I woke up, and am still kinda groggy

My dream starts out with me in a desk in the back of a dully lit, dust filled classroom. Aparently, I'm here for the orientation before I leave on a luxury cruise(I don't recall the name of the cruise line, i don't think it was Argyssy or Disney cruise lines or any shit like that). Well, the classroom is, for the most part, filled with people of the same pursuasian as me (young kids in their late teens). At the head of the class is a slick lookin' bastard with black hair who, believe it or not, is the antagonist for my dream. You'll find out why soon enough. I don't remember the details, but he pretty much started out brow-beating and screaming at everyone. All the while, I just sat there quietly, in one of those classroom positions where you look like you're about to fall asleep. So anyways, he eventually comes upon and takes a whack at me. At that point, I stood up and started screaming back at him. He did nothing but walk away. It went on like this for a long time, with him saying things and me standing up and screaming my piece of at him. I could tell something was very wrong here, because he saying very bad things about what our future entailed, and no one around me seemed concerned in the least. They must be hypnotized or some shit!, I thought to myself. To proof my point, the slick guy(whose name I never learned), says, "Alright everyone, it's time to pray(imagine that!)". So the slick guy walks over to a radio, puts on cannibal corpse! He then leaves the room and returns with a blind & and deaf nun! She sits there and reads off some psalms, and I stand up and scream, "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! He's playing cannibal corpse to christian prayers!"(for those of you who don't know, Cannibal Corpse is an infamous death metal band, most noted for their various songs about rape and ... you guessed it ... cannibalism). Well, low and behold, no even blinked! They were hypnotized, and I was sure of it!

Enter me, riding in a customized mini-van, a view of the beach and a bohemoth cruise liner on the horizon. I recall thinking, I've only seen a larger ship once in my life. So we hit the beach and I'm walking towards the catwalk to the cruise liner, when I see my friend Ned lounging on the beach with his mormon compatriots (don't ask, its a long story). I say hello to him and we move along, yadda yadda yadda. At this point everything gets kind of hazy and the plot disintegrates momentarilly.

It's late at night and it's party time, I'm currently staring at a cruise-liner brochure, which ironically, is filled with adverts for various on-board strippers! Not to say that's bad, they were all very attractive strippers, class-A hookers to say the least. I decide to go wander the ship, and end up in some "deserted" quarter of the ship, which looks disturbingly like something out of a ghost-ship type pirate movie. So I go and find a map of the ship and what catches my eye is the directions to the "built-in lake". At this point, I wonder "Why would someone go on a cruise jump to swim in an artificial pool". Beats me. So, next stop on our journey, was up top, where the REAL party was at. And let me tell you, it was a hardcore party, full of chi-chi classy uptown types and the Slick Guy, greasy bastard. I wander up a flight of stairs and am standing on a deck, with all the assholes who I saw earlier in the classroom, greasy dickhead included. Currently, he's playing pool with a bunch of sluts, and I think it wise to, dig this, steal all his pool balls! So I run up and on his pool table and do it, on my way out noticing another flight of stairs leading, A sign above the flight of stairs is there, in strange symbols I cannot comprehend. Another thing I notice is one of the Slick Guy's sluts has one of those Sony Handcam thingies, and I decide to come back later and mug her for it. So I'm running off with the Slick Guy's pool balls, I run down to the steerage(common people's quarters), and find a random chest to hide the pool balls in. Oddly, somewhere along the way, I came into possession of a large, white bowling ball. Don't ask me why, but i knew it was of utmost importance to keep the bowling ball from them. So anyways, I run back up to the deck and rip that sony hand-cam out of the bitch's hands and run away laughing wickedly(don't ask why). I go back down below, and I know that the Slick Guy and his minions are searching for me. I eventually come upon two friends of mine, Sean and Ethan, and tell them I need to hide out somewhere for a few. Sean lifts back a curtain that leads into someone's quarters and we go inside, I immediately collapse and someone's bed (a futon on the floors covered with pillows), start looking through the eyepiece of the sony hand-cam to see whats recorded. At first, I rewind it, and only see non-incriminating innnocent shit. But then I fast-forward and hit paydirt. The view through the camera shows the stairs with weird symbols I had mentioned earlier, only now the symbols were legible, and, here's the big surpise, they said "Vampires Only"! I'm not joking! So the camera view goes up the stairs and shows a doorway, inside of which stand a bunch of bald guys with green skin and black capes, all crowded around some large white thing(I never put it together in the dream, but I think it may have been the white bowling ball I stole). At this point, I'm really freaked out, and I try to tell me friends Sean and Ethan about it, but they just kinda smile and say they believe and will help me however they can.

So I decide it's time to confront and face mister Slick Guy, who I've basically gathered is a vampire by now. A walk up to the top floor, all of my goods in hand (the hand-cam, the bowling ball and the pool balls). A sit down in a chair and make eye-contact with him, smiling politely. He walks up and acts real pissed off, so I hand him the pool balls and say, "Please don't hurt me, I'll do anything!" He takes the pool balls and his expression doesnt change. I give him the hand-cam and say, "Please don't hurt me!" His expression doesnt change, so then I hand him the bowling ball. He walks up to me and takes out a cigerette, and lights it. He then offers me a cigerette, and I refuse saying "No thank you, I quit smoking" (which I really did). He smiles just a little and picks me up by the shirt collar and throws me on the ground. He then takes his lit cigerettes and begins burning holes in my shirt, then my chest. He does this forever, tracing out pattern on my shirt and burning them out. The weirdest part was that he did all this very sensually, like I was submissive lover or something. It was very forboding. At this point, someone runs up on me and rips my jeans off! (no, this isnt gonna turn into a porn) So he goes and holds me up to the edge of the deck, and looking down I see its about a 15 ffoot drop until I land on the deck of the floor below (the loser party), he holds me roughly over the edge for a few moments, then throws me over, immediately turning away to tend to other business. Well I managed to hang onto the edge of the railing and I pull myself back up and onto the deck again, As i look around, I see him going down the lower floor. We make eye contact and he suddenly gets REALLY pissed off lookin, and hurls a large jug of water he was holding at the wall, where it explodes. I 'eek' and run towards the "Vampires Only" stairs, and see a very attractive woman, she thrusts a cigerette into my hand and says "Use this!", I look down at the cigerette and then at the quickly approaching Slick Guy and figure it out! Fire is what defeats these bastards! So then I run up to a guy standing next to the pretty lady and litterally scream, "GIVE ME A FUCKING LIGHTER RIGHT NOW!!!" he gives me two of em. One works well (zippo) and the other one works, but goes out after a second (one of those crappy 85 cent lighters). So i light my cigerette and take a few puffs, thinking If I have to start smoking again to kill this fucker, then so be it. So we're basically circling each other now, brandishing our cigerettes in our hands as weapons. I lunge forward many many times and jab him in the face with the cigerette, and I always get a visual response from him: he obviously doesnt like it. So we keep up with this for awhile until my cigerette runs low. I'm really in a desperate spot, I so i figure what the hell, and push Slick Guy over the edge of the deck and down to the floor below. I know he'll be back soon so I run up and some guy and scream "GIVE ME A FUCKING CIGERETTE NOW!!!" He gives me an entire pack! Great! I think, I'll be able to fight his ass for hours now! So now he comes back up the stairs, with a little alien guy (ala HR Geiger), except with red skin...and he's dressed in servant's dress, like Tatoo from fantasy island. He only stands about four feet tall. Slick Guy says "This is my friend, and now we're gonna kick your ass" or something to that effect. So the little alien guy smiles with a mouth full of sharp teeth and attacks me. I stab at him with my cigerette, but it doesnt work at all against him, must be his thick skin, I think to myself. So I reach into my pocket and pull out a writing pen, which I use to stab him in the neck multiple times. It works quite well, and I stand and face Slick Guy. He looks slightly disheartened. At this point a wake up. It's too bad, because I would've liked to see how this dream ends.

hjbrgb / 723455

  • In prison and furious. There had been a mistake and I knew it. I pleaded, I threatened to sue. My letters kept coming back unread, each one stamped "We don't see a problem."
  • James and Joey from Friends were going to room together in New York, but the rest of us were leaving.
  • They said the Moog was not meant to be pllayed my itself, but he did it. They played Barbara Ann together but you couldn't tell that's what it was, but I knew.
  • I was buying a coke and a box of raisins and the enormous cashier was fussing at me about prices going up. I was confused - was it my fault? She said she'd been getting angry phone calls all week about it, and letters, one from the principal raving about how the store treated its butterflies. I pressed for details but she wouldn't talk, it was a secret. She printed my massive receipt, like six pages, and walked me to the door with her arm around my shoulders. She asked my boyfriend's name, I told her there wasn't one, and she laughed and said she'd pray for that. I left, feeing disjointed and glad to have her hands off me.

It was my birthday apparently, my family and friends had gathered together for a luncheon at Dos Hombres. (the best place to get a kick butt margerita and pretty good mexican food around these here parts)Everyone was gathered because it was Christmas time actually so they must have been celebrating my birthday late or something...One of those strange dream plot points I guess. I totally dreading this family gathering, assuming it's going to be big drag but I put on my smile anyway and walk into the restruant. I go to where I've been told to sit and realize that he's sitting right next to me. My heart about jumps out of my throat but I play it cool assuming no one else realizes just what this means to me. Dman (don't ask cus I have no idea why I'd Dman would be in any dream of mine...) is sitting on the other side of the table from me. My family holds hands for the meal prayer and for the first time I'm exceedingly happy because he and I can sit there holding hands as long as we like and no one can say a word or think badly of us. (dream logic who can explain it?)
The dream changes my sister has pulled me off to the side. "I understand why he's here but why the Chinese guy?" she asks me. I have no answer. The dream changes several times as each of my family members comes up and asks me the same question. Finally it dawns on me that my family is giving me the nod of approval on him. In the dream I had tried to pull one over on them apparently...and yet they each had seen through it and didn't mind.
I know it' just a dream, something my subconscious cooked up but I still woke up in a great mood. Maybe Mondays arn't so bad after being able to take a nap and wake up on the right side of the bed.

Fish. Everywhere. Fish on the ground. Flying fish in the air. FishsishsishsifishFISH. Trout, mackerel, flounder, cod, perch, snapper, whitefish, bass, bluegill.

Fish.
Conrad's dirigible was tipping just like he warned me it would. Why hadn't I stayed on the platform? I looked out and down and saw the ground yawing up towards me, I could not stand the idea of staying and being crushed into the ground with all the other bodies, I swayed sickly forward and jumped out, really I fell out but I was pretending to jump, braver than falling.

I landed on things that broke under me and kept breaking. It didn't hurt but I could feel whatever they were, under me, breaking into bits, down down down, like falling through branches that never stopped. I held my eyes shut tight and tried not to breathe till I was done. Finally everything was still and there was something solid under my body and I could open my eyes and there was someone outlined against the sky, the sun too bright to see her face, haloed, she was singing to me and I knew it was all over, I shut my eyes again and woke up.

I'm wandering around with Alice in Wonderland, or at least a reasonable approximation, or maybe she just reminds me of Alice, but ayway, we're wandering around somewhere, and it comes out that we're supposed to wed, and we're in her bedroom.

Dark wood and burgundy velvet dominate. She's in this big, overstuffed bed. I'm in there too, and it's time to consummate. She's of age, I'm sure of that, but I have to pee, really have to pee. I get up, reluctantly because I'm toasty warm, and I go to the sumptuous bathroom. I'm still wearing my fire-retardent coveralls, my work clothes, and I'm having a hard time actually going.

Because if I pee, that's it. We're married, and I'm going to be with Alice in moments. She's a princess, and it would be everything I ever wanted, but a voice in my head (played by...Billy Zane (the evil Billy Zane from Titanic, except maybe with his head shaved--it was dark and he was very modest) keeps trying to convince me that this is a bad bad thing.
"You think this is real? You know the moment you piss and go back in their she's going to be gone. She'll disappear, gone forever, because this can't be real. This whole thing isn't real..You'll walk back into nothing, she'll be a stuffed alice doll and you'll be crazy, nuts, deranged and then where will you be?"

Like I said, it's the evil Billy Zane. The toilet is a weirdly ornate wood and tile contraption, and I don't know if you could even use it sitting down. Swirling and bubbling on the bottom is a Disney logo, and I don't know what to make of that.

But I think to myself, tuning out evil Billy Zane: "Didn't you love this kind of stuff when you were a kid? Wouldn't you love to have this forever? Isn't it a chance you should take?

I relax, and let loose...

BAM. I'm awake and, of course, in imminent danger of urinating all over myself...After I use the real bathroom (no wood, but thank god, no Billy Zane either), I go back to sleep, looking for Alice.

I don't find her.

cold.. Black darkness

A shrouded demon appears on a floating cloud on my parents front lawn.

A white horse with no head standing there, behind me, stomping its feet. whisking its tail fervently.

The demon speaks to me, not with words, but to my mind, and says that I will have the power if i let them take my hair.

The horse holds my body to the drenched cold ground as the shrouded demon starts chopping off my hair.

get up, go inside. i have no hair. and no power. AT All. the demon never existed. the horse was never there. but my hair, is gone.

I woke up and realized strange things about men and life.
i was so alone.
I don't remember the fight with my parents, but I know I had one. All of a sudden my dad came pounding on my bedroom door. I opened it up and he was furious. I haven't seen him so angry in almost two years.

He had called Judge Judy to talk some sense into me. Suddenly there was a weird kind of trial going on between my family and me. They were trying to convince me that I was losing my mind. My sister pointed out that I was talking rather quickly yesterday. But she forgot to mention that the only way to get more than two words in a conversation with her is to speak really quickly. Then all of a sudden my dad starts telling this story about me calling some guy and me having phone sex with him. I totally did not do that and I told Judge Judy that and then that's when I got really scared. He said, you did do it, and you came upstairs to my room and bragged about it. You told me all about it. Well that scared the shit out of me. Right before Marty died I had broke down from the stress of it all and I had said some things and done some things that I couldn't remember. I immediately thought, have I lost my memory? Did I really do that? Am I crazy again? But then I realized my dad was lying! I don't know why but he was lying. I just knew it! And Judge Judy was asking me if I did it and I told her that I didn't but she woudln't believe me and I just started crying and I told her that my parents were trying to make me lose my mind. Right about then the phone rang and I woke up but I know that she believed me. I know that she took my side in the whole story.

How awful that I can't remember having a dream for almost two years now and now that I can finally remember one it has to be something so disturbing? And creepy!
One of the stranger dreams of my life last night. In my sleep, Jane dropped by. She's someone I've known on and off since about sixteen, but not a very important person in my life, which fits with the few real people in my life that show up in my dreams - it's usually not the main players but the understudies. We talked for a while about various topics, although I can't remember what. She had to leave, but her presence somehow... stayed, lingered. I remember thinking I'd need to call in an exorcist.

With hard music that slipped away from introspection playing in the background, I closed my eyes. I could still see my hands however, even with my eyes closed. They shimmered with a bright whitish light, distinct against the usual black. I couldn't see anything else, but my hands stood out in my sight. Glancing down with my eyes still closed, I could see the rest of my body. Looking harder at my chest, my perception started to slip through the skin. It shook me the first time, but then I stared. My mind's eye passed the first level of epidermis complete with nipple and started deeper. Whatever layer I focused on was opaque, but the surrounding layers on both side were translucent. I sunk deeper and deeper into my chest until I came to my heart. It wasn't anatomically correct, but I could tell it was my heart. I somehow shifted the view until my heart was straight in front of my face, floating unconnected to anything and rotating like a display hologram. I was getting a kick out of the whole thing, so I tried to manipulate it, not through touching it, but just by imagination. First, I made it stronger and thicker, but I lost focus and opened my eyes. Closing them again, I repeated the visual dive and this time tried to change its appearance instead. My heart grew, and grew, and then deflated back to its original size. It then turned metallic and sprouted sharp four-cornered rivets. You'd expect me to feel something with the changes, but I felt no different. I kept on thinking how like a deep meditation it was, but I knew I was dreaming. My heart changed back and the dream was over.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.