The martians had taken over earth, striding everywhere in their three legged metal war machines and killing lots of people. We hid from them in cellars and under broken cars, but they kept finding us and screaming. I had an idea that we should hide where they least expect: in their newly built houses. We concealed ourselved under the huge tables and chairs in the new martian office building. We were getting hungry and desperate so I decided to ask one of the martians for some food; we would die anyway, best get it over with quick - anything to stop the terror.

The martian (a huge BFG type giant) stood over me and smiled. He admitted that he was against the killing of us little people. He wanted to observe us living our lives naturally and without fear. He gave us an area on his land where we would be free from war machine attack.

The friendly martian wondered why we hadn't produced "any young" (as he put it) I explained that there were only 4 men in his zoo, and we needed females to breed. He considered this and admitted that he knew nothing about humans. I asked for permission to search the ruins of a nearby town for some women who had escaped the killing, and he agreed.(1)

I crept through the rubble of the edge of the town, searching and listening for other people. The demolished car park looked like a good bet, so I skirted the martian watch tower and made my way inside.

I'm not putting across the terror and constant fear of discovery and death very well. This dream is more accurately described as a nightmare.

As I scrambled over the rubble into the car park, I saw a mechanical horse that was curled up by a junction. I picked it up and fixed it with a toolkit I was carrying. The horse was very grateful and promised to carry me wherever I wanted. I told it to fold up and fit in my rucksack.

I bumped into a young teenaged girl in the carpark. She was very scared and wanted some food. I said that there was a much nicer place where the aliens wouldn't hunt us, and she agreed to join me. I explained to her about the breeding ideas and she was very enthusiastic, but I said that we would wait until she was older. She was disappointed but happy and gave me a gun that she had found.

We ran from the carpark as it began to collapse. We found a woman my own age who was trying to build a spaceship to destroy Mars and make the martians die. I pulled her away from the cardboard boxes and car engines that she was using and took her with us. The 3 of us on the horse was a bit too much and made it go very slowly.

There seemed to be another martian faction who had flying machines - they flew over us as we scrambled to hide. The aircraft dropped off a trinity-like woman who saw us in our hiding place under the road. She wormed her way in and was about to report us when I pulled the communicator from her. She snapped out of the hypnosis she was under and agreed to join us.

Then I woke up...


(1) I can imagine that some girl noders may be a little pissed off at the attitude of this dream towards women. I'm just documenting what was in my head, there's no excuses (or really any apologies worth their text)

Well... creepy dream.

The dream started with iron man (the superhero) telling me that my evil plan wouldn't work. I asked him what he meant. He said the cat-powered, monkey-navigated death missile wouldn't fly. I turned around to see a couple hundred cats pruning themselves on little hamster wheels. There were monkeys strapped down, though their little roller-blades and red fezzes were still visible. I turned around, and Iron man was close enough that he gave me a ghastly punch to the face. I yelled in pain, and could swear I saw the word "BIFF!" appear in front of me. I heard a loud gunshot and woke up.

(turns out my Sabbath tape had run out...)
It was 3:00 now, and I went back to sleep.

I was talking with my friend about our new posts as security guards at AFD (from the half-life mod Science and Industry) ... I was going to ask the company's CFO if we could get guns, because our flashlights were cheap shitty plastic like the M-16 and would shatter upon hitting someone in the head... I went to see the board of directors. Started out with George Carlin asking me if I could read my request to the board... half-way through, seemingly laughing at a hidden joke, Regis Philbin said "Oh ? is that your final answer?" ... I remember Henry Kissinger trying to protest the purchase of our firearms, doing some talk about "trickle-down economics" and "when I was running the Paris peace talks..." I go back to my friend; hearing that our request was denied, he attacks me with the cheap plastic flashlight... I feel a sharp pain to the head and wake up. It's 10:00. I got up a full 2 hours earlier than I did yesterday... creepy.

Please excuse the lateness of this addition to the dream log... i just wasn't able to get online before this. It's happening to me more and more; my parents are toughening up their anti-internet stance. Somebody wanna give me a DSL line?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.