Wow. Well...tonight's dream was kinda' creepy, but it was cool. It was a complete recollection of all the memories I've had with my SO, who all you dream log readers know by now, is gone for 10 months. Everything I enjoyed with her was happening all over again, and I'm sure I was actually smiling. Very cool, it was like re-experiencing the greatest moments of my summer. Imagine that.

See also: Her name was Natalie.

My Mother didn't want to give me the baseball bat to defend the house from the looters. She said that I might hurt someone, She wouldn't listen to my reasoning; that the looters would hurt us.

The jets were parked on the road and wouldn't move to let the cars past. I saw this from a high up window, far away.

The VCR would play anything anyone wanted. People queued for miles to watch their favourite programme.

Dream Girl was being chased by nasty people, but I didn't care until she was caught. I then used a machine gun to kill everyone in the tent complex until they gave her back to me.

The roof under the window stretched away into the horizon. I wanted to walk across the roof to see what was at the other side, but my Mother wouldn't let me.

The trade show was going terribly, but everyone kept congratulating me. All I did was to keep rebooting the servers. No one would listen, and kept giving me gifts of chocolate and clothes.

I can't explain this dream the best that I want to. It started out where I was in competition with 3 other students in swimming to a specific location. It was slightly reminiscent of Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, in the scene where the group must walk through the miniature door in the hallway to get into the main room. I secretly thought to myself, "If I push my body into that small drain, I will get to the swimming hole!" So I suggested it to the boy in front of me. He went headfirst, and I later found him stuck inside the drain when I went down. But I was just standing there looking around. We were supposed to be in the same situation as all those "Real TV" shows are where we're isolated from the rest of the world, so I'm surprised when I look out the window and I see other kids from school walking around. A boy walking by in a flannel jacket catches my attention before I am forced to slip down the drain, which looks and acts like a water slide. I then see the boy who proceeded to go head-first into the drain and his face is looking up at me as I am about to kick it. I apply my ass breaks, contracting all my muscles to slow down and try to move my legs away. So what happens is that I end up spreading my legs and his face goes to the obvious location. insert some scene where people are calling him a "carpet muncher" from the top of the drain] I shove him until he ends up moving again. There isn't enough water to send us fully down the drain so we have to push ourselves.

Some scene arises where we all find out that he is making more money than we all are so we go to the leader and officially state that we are on strike for unfair treatment. Over that period of time, I continue going back to the swimming hole trying to figure out a way I can swim to the destination without coming back up for water or using any gear that would provide me with air. I'm trying to expand my lungs out with practice to contain more air but this is looking hopeless.

I'm now in an alcove looking at video games. This one store is selling new PSX2 games (without the console!), and the woman at the counter is trying to tell me that I can't purchase them until the console is released in the states. I ask her why bother even having the games on display then. She doesn't answer. I then look over at the original PSX. They're trying to sell it for $170, which for some reason left unknown in my dream, was a very good deal. Games were only selling for $17. So I thought that maybe if I bought a bunch of games, I would be saving the money that I wasted on the PSX. Although that doesn't make sense because I could have bought the console elsewhere and came back for the games and saved a whole buttload of money.

Some other dream wielded in. I was supposed to see my "secret lover" (my best friend) for the last time. I had to throw on clothes because I was dangerously underdressed. I also had these two dogs. I liked them both (which is odd because I normally don't like dogs at all). They were only puppies and they didn't smell bad like most dogs do. There was a dark brown one who I kept kicking in the face by accident so he grew pissed off at me. Then there was another one with blonde fur. I was more attached to him now since he was the newer of the two. (This is the most obvious unconscious statement my brain has ever produced in a dream)

I went out of the house and over to my friend's house. I see him and run towards him, and he's wearing a work uniform. He has a job now at K-Mart installing those games where you win stuffed animals with a crane. I'm really curious about this because he's moving in not even two weeks. I told him I had to go home and change clothes. So I ran back home and I take off all of my clothes, even my underwear, and I think I have to take off my socks just to put new underwear on. This is getting complicated. I come back to my friend's neighborhood and I see him jumping rope around the neighborhood.

Then I wake up and I have one of those sequences where you think you're talking on the phone but you're really just mumbling to youreslf. I slipped into a lucid moment and realized that I was not talking on the phone and slipped back into my dream world. And all was forgotten after that.

(BTW: Diablo 3 for PSX2??? Super Mario Brothers even when it's licensed by Nintendo? What are my dreams coming to?!)

(For thy browsing pleasure: <-- Day --> | <-- Dream --> | Wolf's Dreamworld )

Noded with C64... Less Cool OCR Problems: SMS become... umm, various variations here, but "5115" became the 31337est of them, and "spam" was constantly read as "spain" - sorry for all people of Spanish origin, blame the TextBridge makers. =)

2000-08-25/26

Well, hmm... I don't remember much, but at least I remember something.

First dream segment

I remember a Moltres, somewhere... some people were teasing it, so it belched fire. I think it seemed to turn into Magmar at one point.

Second dream segment

I was in home. As described in recent daylogs, my cellphone has cellphone has been kind of nonfunctional... now, some advertiser had sent me some SMS spam.

I was annoyed that I got SMS spam loud and clear (and this was the first time I had got SMS spam, now when I, in general, had severe trouble receiving real SMS messages...

The spam was from a "new media company" I had heard of, but I can't remember the name. It sounded familiar, even when I'm pretty certain the company doesn't exist in RL.

I was even more annoyed when I noticed that in the Communicator display, the "Delete" button somehow was available when I had highlighted the real SMS messages but didn't appear when I highlighted the spam message (so I had to open the menu and delete it that way).

Instead, in the advertiser's message.. the delete button was replaced by "Chat". I pushed that button.. and I got the 9110 terminal emulator, with Emacs-like screen. The buffer was labeled "Chat". So, I started waiting that someone would send me another message.. maybe this would make SMS conversations easier...

Strange that the terminal emulator was white-on-black, by the way... and didn't flicker like I would have expected it to flicker, in fact, it seemed like the thing would have had a CRT display instead of LCD.

Some people were watching TV in my home; the TV program was some Baywatchesque yet-another-beach-drama in which some pretty guy talked to two women, then took off his T-shirt, and other of these women said extremely boredly "well, I guess he isn't gay, like I expected..."

Odd and metaphorical, I don't know what it means.

My brother had a new fishtank, with 2 unremarkable small fish not unlike slim guppies. The tank was 3/4 full of sand, with water above that. I found this unremarkable.

I watched them for a while.

When I came back a while later, I was astonished to see one of the fish point it's head right down, and swim down into the sand. There was a vertical channel in the sand next to the glass, like the entrance to an anthill. The fish swam straight down until it reached the bottom of the tank, and then turned another right angle into another small tunnel through the wet sand agianst the glass at the bottom of the tank.

I pointed this out to my brother and he explained that this species of fish did that. This explained why he had bought such unremarkable-looking fish.

The fish turned upwards again and swam, this time right through the packed sand. It wiggled and dug strongly, and reached the surface soon, righted itself and swam on in that unconcerned way that fish have.

I decided that I wanted a couple of these fish for my tank.

I came back a few hours later and saw several chambers excavated at the bottom of the tank against the glass. I saw a fish swim down into one of them, bite at the roof of the cavern, then swim back to the surface, where there was about an inch of water, and spat out several grains of sand.

I was impressed, both with the cool cavern-building fish and with the complexity of their behavior patterns.

I came back in the morning and saw that the result of evaporation and excavation was that the water level had met the sand level, leaving a tank 3/4 full of wet sand.

Two stranded dead fish lay upon it. Thier instincts had killed them.

Ghetto River & French Tour

  • Vallejo, California, on the bank of some inner-city river. We're just hanging out, smoking some herb and talking under a concrete bridge that spans the polluted water. I'm with my girlfriend and several others. There are two small offices there and the doors are open; so we just walk in and start hanging around. A couple of young kids, maybe 12 or 13, come along and join our group. Soon we get a call on the telephone. It's the cops. They're looking for a couple of young kids who have run off. They know they're there and they're on their way. I get a little paranoid but the man on the phone says they're not interested in anything else that's going on; just the kids. As soon as the cop car comes into view, the kids split.

  • Julie Delpy (from An American Werewolf In Paris, Killing Zoe and Three Colors: White) is visiting Santa Cruz from France and my friend calls me over to take her around and speak French with her. I don't speak very well anymore so she helps me along. It turns out she speaks English as well as I do. We walk down Pacific St. and look in the shop windows. At one point I consider making this a lucid dream, but I forget about it. Soon my girlfriend shows up and I'm a little embarassed at being so chummy with this lovely lady. By this time, she is holding my hand, which is something friends do in France. We all make plans to go to some bar and continue down Pacific. Someone tells me that someone left a video tape in the back of that taxi. I turn and see it as we walk by. Dream ends.
A cool thing about this dream was the fact that there were some things I had completely forgotten how to say in French, yet Julie was able to correct me perfectly.

I'm writing this a few days after I had the dream because I didn't think to write it up until now.
Background real life info: The week before this I was camping but knew that when I got back my boyfriend would be telling me if he was going to actually put effort into us or if it was over.

I'm at my high school, but am sent on an errand for the office. I had to send a message to the local McDonald's. So I get there and go in, talk to the guy in charge, and leave him with the message. I had to wait for a reply, so they gave me some food.
I went to the dining area and there was my boyfriend, in his uniform, on a break. (He had worked there before but now had a new job, in real life). I went to give him a kiss, but he didn't kiss back. I asked him to come eat with me, and went to hold his hand but he pulled away. He sat across from me.
He leaned over, grabbed my shoulders, and shook me. He whispered in my ear, "What are you doing? We aren't going out anymore." He had a look of disgust and confusion on his face. I said, "What are you talking about? Yes we are."
It turned out that he'd had a dream where I broke up with him at my house and he thought it had been real. Just as I was asking if he wanted to still be going out...

I woke up a few hours before I normally would, but couldn't go back to sleep. I was worried, but realized it had only been a dream. Didn't end up mattering, because that night he broke up with me. Ah well. I only ever remember nightmares.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.