Previous | Dizzy->Dreams() | Next


I was going on holiday, but couldn't find my travelling partner. I wandered by the seafront and kicked sand around, trying to avoid the throngs of strangers. I was quite scared of all these new people.

I saw him in a group of people, but as I went to greet him, I realised that the group was full of people I don't like. I wandered off again, trying to hide my face.

The apartments were too small, I had to crouch down to get inside. As I complained to the rep, the rooms grew in height until they were very spacious. I accepted a new high tech toothbrush as compensation...

Again, for the second night in a row, I have a dream where I work in a cold office. I think my mind is trying to tell me I don't belong there.

I enter the dream at full thrust. I'm back at the hospital I worked at nearly 7 years ago, rushing between the ER and the computer room trying to make things work.

Going back and forth, I keep hearing snatches of conversation between Betty White and her rather cute son. It sounds interesting, but I can't make out the full gist of it, since I'm doing other things.

Finally, I have a moment to catch my breath, and since Betty and her son are convienently near a sink, I take a moment to wash my hands.

Seems the son is a somewhat wayward chap who's finally waking up to the concept of responsibility. At the conclusion of the conversation, I ask the son where's he's going. He replies, "To Hawaii, so I can see my son. I can get high with him." In response, I ask the guy, who doesn't look a day older than 25, how old his son is. "Twenty one," he replies.

Weird.

However, no rest for the nosy in this dream. It's time for me to work on the phone system, because my boss (who was my boss in a completely different job irl) tells me to. Dolly Parton's phone (this is a star-studded dream!!) isn't displaying the information she needs it to, and she needs help ... STAT!

I fix that problem, and have a moment to myself. I retreat to my office, which is a room within a room, basically a glassed-in area that's been partitioned off from the larger room. I sit down, and it's here where I realize two things.

One, it's horribly cold. Two, I'm not wearing any pants, I've got a hospital blanket wrapped around my waist instead. "Just like last night's dream," I think to myself.

I'm then paged to go to the ER (again), and on the way, the blanket keeps flopping open in both front and back. Rather than be embarrassed by this, I'm irritated that clothing styles in this dream are rather stupid. I pass Jack Lemmon in a wheelchair having his hair set by a nurse, and finally arrive at the ER.

Where I find an old high school chum, one whom I've been meaning to e-mail IRL (whom I haven't e-mailed because I've discovered E2 and the joy of noding since I wrote her last) waiting for me. She plops herself down on my lap (hard to do since I'm standing) and introduces me to her sister whilst lighting up a cigarette. I acknowledge the introduction, then realize that I've seen both of these women before, but seen them only in dreams, and in prior dreams, they've played different parts.

Then I wake up.

my dog, a deaf, blind, 17-year-old, male fox terrier, was having weird health issues. the veterinarian told me he was going to have puppies. this didn't strike me as odd. apparently i had known since he was a pup that he was actually a girl dog.

my two fighting fishes were breeding. the fishies they produced were flat, diamond-shaped, light purple, fishes. they had an enormous amount of offspring, filling the fish tank until it was swarming.

i was on a game show like big brother except that instead of roommate nomination and public polls, there were strict rules about where you could and couldn't walk and what you could and couldn't say, and if these guidelines weren't followed either the producers or your roommates would shoot you. the champion would go on to the next show and keep playing until they died. i was a champion and on the next show my boyfriend was a roommate. i asked him why, since at least one of us was absolutely guaranteed to die. so we, and the other roommates managed to kill the producers before we could all bite the bullet.

perhaps non-coincidentally, this night full of dreams took place after 1/4 bottle of good Don Julio anejo tequila and a small tiff with the man.



addendum: September 5, 2000. i just noticed that two of the three nodes involve reproduction (yes i am exceedingly unobservant).

Last night I had the most unerotic series of sexual dreams ever. There was anal sex, vaginal sex (both with a dildo), and some round girl (and I mean that literally, like the girl in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory only not so big) in a band uniform on stage with a dildo hidden in her pants. She was trying to use it hands free without anyone knowing. This was, of course, very confusing and very non-titillating

Then I was sitting on the ground next to a girl who must have been in a chair, all I could see of her was her legs. Her legs were together and I was moving my hand slowly between her thighs. This was the only good part.

The dream left me confused and very unhorny. Then I had a series of dreams about noding that dream. It was very annoying.

I was an 18th century scientist getting ready for a party. I was wearing a tux and had servants helping me dress. Before me were two tables with various artifacts and scientific equipment on them. I picked up a pair of glasses and put them in my pocket. I walked into the party and it was in a huge two story hall made of dark wood. There were candles lighting the room, children running around, people dancing, talking and eating. I walked around a bit to see if i recognized anyone. I realized here that i was dreaming and when i do that i like to explore. I walked through many rooms, all filled with huge dinners, deserts, and drinks. I ran into another scientist. I can't remember his name, but he's the guy that invented the baramoter. We talked for a while about his new invention, and a girl caught my eye. Half recognizing her, i followed her through the kitchen and into another part of the building filled with more people dancing and children running. I saw that she had helped herself to some food and i decided to follow suit and join her. Placed on a table at one end of the room were plates and platters brimming with deliciou food. I took a plate buffet style and loaded up. I had a big juicy steak, some pasta salad, a biscuit, and some cheese cake. After getting enough food, i looked for the girl and sat across from her at a table. She was sitting next to another man, whom I think I was friends with and we began to talk. She looked just like a girl i know in reality, but the girl in my dram didn't know that. We small talked for a while, and she left the table. I followed her into a hallway, where she kissed me. It was a long, pasionate kiss that seemed to last for ever. Then, just like that, she dissappeared and i couldn't find her again. Deciding that there was nothing left for me in this dream, i woke up.

I was lying in bed with my arms around a naked girl, I don't know who. She started singing quietly, hauntingly, I felt her back vibrating. I start singing too, deeper. The note grounded the melody and I could feel us both vibrating, like a physical sort of harmony.

Later, we are making love. I can taste the sweat on her skin.

Later still Pat is showing me a flyer he's put together trying to explain why people don't need to cause so much pain. It says "I remember when I lived in Australia, and I would spend all day handing out flyers, trying to get a message across to people who didn't want to hear. And then I'd meet some guy witha guitar and we'd just talk for a while, then he would treat me to one of those blistering industrial scarabs..." the guy I saw in my mind was a hippy though, with braided hair and painted guitar.

I woke up thinking that I had found a word for those cool things people do for no reason other than they're nice. Scarabs.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.