After previous extremely trippy dreams, this one didn't surprise me. I was sitting in my cold, dark room reading an e-mail from my SO. She wrote a long letter and I could hear her crying. It was very odd. Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore. I threw down my mouse, and calmly got dressed. I walked down the street to the bayside, and sat where we used to watch the sunset. I cried and cried thinking of her. I awoke quickly and suddenly. Imagine that.

Yesterday || Tomorrow

Part I. The Supermarket Kiosk

We went into the grocery store looking for food to take up to the cottage for camping. We bought bacon, eggs and other neccessities. As we went outside we saw a kiosk. We wandered inside, and the man there told us that we could take it if we wanted. It was a assemble yourself kiosk and it could get wet and wouldn't suffer any water damage. This one had just been returned and not dissasembled yet, so we could take it. We said ok.

Then we were driving in our new Kiosk down to where we were going. We were driving really fast, just whizzing by things along the edge of the mountains and the water, but a turn came up and we could see we weren't going to make it. I was sitting in the front seat of the Kiosk, and the driver/kiosk salesman, says Oh, Crap, and asks us if we have our seatbelts on. I didn't, so I crawled up to the front and braced myself against the bulkhead for the crash.

But it never came. We found ourselves floating in the water off the road in our Kiosk. The others thought, Oh No, we'll never get the Kiosk out of the water. But I said, sure, we can carry it out. So I picked up the Kiosk and set it down on the road. But the road was no longer navigable because it was all loosely packed sand. But I said we could carry it all the way out to the beach.

Part II. The Beach

We made it to the beach, which was very crowded with all kinds of people. Most of the were Mexican Immigrants. We swam for a while. Then we saw a very small red and white plane overhead flying pretty low. We all said Oh No! The plane is going to crash into the water. It flew lower and lower until finally it hit water right in front of this humongous wave which capsized it. Alot of people swam out to flip the plane back over and look for survivors. They were able to get it back right side up, and it proceeded to drift toward shore.

The people in the water near shore started getting a little nervous about the plane drifting towards them, and getting crushed and all, and guess what, I was the unlucky one who couldn't get out of the way. One of the wheels shoved me under the water, and I could feel it crushing me.

*** Identity Transfer ***

Then I came back up out of the water and dragged the plane the rest of the way onto land, onto the porch of some structure (a kiosk, perhaps). There I began to dissasemble it, and it folded up like a tent. I was able to pack it up into a nice 3 foot long, 1 foot wide roll.

I turned toward one of the immigrants and asked if there had been any survivors. He looked at me mournfully and said, only one. He pointed him out. At that moment, I heard some cheering because they had been able to salvage one of the flags from the water where the plane had crashed. They dragged it onto shore and trundled it toward the Embassy at the end of the beach. Several more flags were pulled up that day.

I walked down the beach to investigate, reseating my little silver gun on the back of my pants. I nestled up against the wall of the Embassy courtyard and watched people pass by as they put up the recovered flags.

*** Identity Transfer ***

I watched myself reseat my gun in my pants and thought, what is this? People aren't allowed to have guns in here. How did that person get in?

I ran upstairs trying not to trip over my robes to get away from any possible bloodshed.

Part III. The Embassy

There was a large procession of people, the one on the front carrying a baby. He brought it before the Ambassador. Who looked at the baby in distaste. I could tell he was going to have it disposed of.

I ran forward and said that I would take the baby. Please don't get rid of it. The Ambassador nodded, and the baby was given to me. I took it quickly and ran away.

For a while I carried the baby, feeding it from my own breast and looking for somewhere I could find clothes for it.

Finally, I came to a cloth store nestled under the stairwell in the embassy. I looked at the sign infront of the door, and it said 2 shekels for 3 cloths and 9 shekels for cloths, coat and other supplies that I couldn't identify. There was also a sign that said, do not take more than this: It showed a picture of a baby basket, and three cloths coming out of it.

So I went in and argued with the shop keeper because I wanted cloths, but I had no shekels. An Official in the embassy who was half painted to look white with a curly blonde wig, waved at the shop keeper and she agreed to let me have 2 shekels worth of supplies.

I ran around looking for what I needed. I placed the baby on a table near by and tried the cloths for softness against the baby's skin. Then I saw some little bags on pegs against the far back wall. I looked in the bags and saw that they contained letters, most of which were dated 1944 and 1943. I realised that this was the time I must have been in.

Then I saw a crate completely filled with paperbacks of all sorts. I was ecstatic. I picked out some science fiction novels to take with me. But when I came back out side with the things I had picked out, the baby was gone.

I ran upstairs to find my american soldier husband and tried to convince him to help me get my baby back. I knew he could do it. I looked at him and realised that he was Harrison Ford.

Then there were flashes of me in different alluring outfits, trying to seduce him into helping me. The last outfit was long and green and I had shaved my head and put glitter in it.

I saw my husband through the window talking with his superior about how he hadn't gotten a wink of sleep because his arab wife had been going on about some baby she had lost. His superior winked at him and said, well get on with your duties, there is an attack at 3 o'clock that we need to defend against.

Part IV. Battlefield

I ran outside after my husband still begging him to help me get my baby back. I was handed a rifle and told to stand behind a dune and fire at the enemy. I fired and I almost hit one of our own men, and he yelled at me, and I said I thought you were the enemy. He said, if the are facing you and coming toward you aggressively, they are the enemy.

Then these missles were fired at us from off shore and they came through the water and landed on the beach. One of the soldiers ran up and pulled a ring off the top of the missle and disarmed it. Everybody cheered.

Then another missle landed on the beach. This time they had a harder time getting to the ring, but they were able to pull it up and disarm the missle. But when the guy let go, it slipped back into position and rearmed the missle timer. The solder scrambled to pull it back up and yelled, We have a swollen ring here! He would have to stay on the missle and hold the ring up so that the bomb would not explode.

Then I woke up.

Yesterday || Tomorrow

For the first time in quite a while, I woke up remembering every detail of my dream. It started out simple enough. I was over at my boyfriend's mom's house, just hanging out in the front yard, and suddenly I see flames going through the windows. Everyone runs inside to save what they can. For some reason I climb on top of the kitchen counter to rescue a tiny cactus on top of all the cupboards. I rush back outside, proud of what I did, and Aaron's mom casually says, "I hate that plant." I was heartbroken.

Next, I was in a huge square in the middle of an Italian city, talking with some friends. I am wearing a dress of all things, peach colored with a black belt and black buttons running down the front, and a huge black hat. Quite sophisticated. I look up and see Aaron standing amidst the crowd, wearing a suit and looking every inch like James Bond. I run up to meet him. He says I am in danger, that a bounty has been issued and everyone wants me dead. Just then I see a man with a huge gun of some sort walk by.

I am in a store, with dim light and wooden furniture everywhere. I walk downstairs and see a man sitting on a table, wearing a completely black suit. I walk past him, and it's James Bond/Aaron again. He hands me a note with directions to "the van" on it, and turns his head slightly so that I may see the secret message embroidered on the collar of his coat. Something about being careful. I follow the directions to a huge van driven by an old man. I sit way in the back, wondering where Aaron is. I see all sorts of food stacked around. There are countless boxes of ice cream, frozen hot dogs, etc. But none of it was in the freezer and yet nothing was melted.

I am at home, upstaires watching tv. Suddenly someone shouts "FIRE!" I rush into the family room and see flames flickering in and out of existance, depending on how hard I concentrate on them. I turn and put my back against the fire, and absorb it somehow. Then I rush into my room to see if my stuff is okay. It was. I run back upstairs to my parent's room, and find my mom and dad exclaiming over what happened. Their bathroom is a blackened mess. My mom says she put a load of laundry in last April and forgot about it so it caught fire. My dad said he accidently put a golf club behind the toilet and made the house flood.

Interesting.

It was just normal figure skating until the kids all in black body stockings came out. They were all little and zoomed like insects across the ice. They were panicky and I didn't know why. Their mood was spreading to the crowd, I could see the wave of uncertain worried faces, people starting to bite their lips and put their hands to their mouths, turning to each other without words. I didn't know why these kids were so important, they were just flying silently around the ice but I knew if something terrible happened, if one of them crashed or screamed, we would all feel it physically. Something terrible could, of course, happen at any time.
A net, a big-ass net holding me against the side of a tree. It reminds me of a magnolia, I see other trees around me with the big white blossoms. The net is cutting into my face, my chest, the sides of my thighs. My hands are strapped down under the net, wrapped tightly backwards around the trunk. I'm about four feet off the ground. I know for some reason, I have to be in Florida. I'm panicked, other people are tied against trees all around me, and I realize something horrible. None of them have any feet! I can't look down, but I know I have no feet either, so if I were to struggle out of the net, I still wouldn't be able to escape.

I don't know who put me here, but I have an idea. When I was a child, I always had dreams of hearing drums and knowing there was a small band of men who were going to kill me. The drumming would start way off in the distance, and get stronger as they chased me down. the only way I could escape them comig was to pretend I was asleep, play possum.

What I can't believe is, after all this time, they're back. I haven't heard the drumming years, but I hear it now.....maybe if I hold still, pretend to sleep, they'll forget about me....

last night was raw. the worst insomnia i've had in a while - i tossed and turned all night, nothing was comfortable. i smoked as many cigarettes between 3am and 11am as i do when i go out drinking.

but slept a little, and in the middle of one snooze there was this strange and tenuous dream. i had to concentrate hard to keep it.

i walk into this place downtown i've been to exactly once, the midnight sun, but i get inside and it's a cathedral. at first i think i'm there because my ex-boyfriend, alex, is marrying his girlfriend. in the dream they are engaged, and yuppies, not dating, an alcoholic and a former junkie. then i get confused. i'm not sure who i'm there for. i stand in the aisle, and wait. people walk past the altar, and i try to make out faces, but all i see is tuxedo after tuxedo. i'm fidgeting, trying to see the bride, and then i think i do, but it's not the bride, it's the groom. and the groom is a boy i used to sleep with, but not alex. his collar is unbuttoned and i think, oh no, i've missed it.

defeated, i fall into a seat in the front row, because it's empty. he sits down next to me, and begins to undress, glaring at me. the pews are like big old thick movie theater seats, and i can lean back into the row behind, so i do. and i fell asleep. in my dream. then i remember the front row is supposed to be for family. strange, no one getting married had any family. this leads to an aside revelation about hipster kids and the lives they keep secret from the people most likely to see through their facade.

so i fall halfway into the row behind me, but i fall onto an old man who is sleeping and end up tangled in his camel-colored overcoat. i manage to free myself, and crawl over the seats to a few rows back, leaving the groom behind, taking off his shoes. and i see that there's a big open circle in the middle of the pews, and the boy i'm sleeping with now is there in a yellow folding chair. and i get confused again, wondering if i'm getting married, or if he's marrying someone else, too. but i look back again and it's not him, it's my mom, and she's sitting next to a casket. the wedding is over and they're having a funeral now. and all the decorations are still light blue, with white flowers.

everyone in the church is asleep in the pews, waiting for the next show to start. all of them are old men or the hipster kids i see around town. but she starts yelling at me, in the middle of the church, with everyone sleeping: 'i have to leave soon!' i wonder why she didn't come over and say it to me. i can see she feels uncomfortable, because she thinks i'm participating in some performance and she doesn't know when she'll be able to talk to me. i pick up my purse and go over to her. she sends me back for her black purse, the one she had when she and my dad were still married, which was lying on the floor, at my feet.

she takes her purse and a suitcase and runs away up an escalator, leaving me standing by the casket.
ReXX had bought a white convertible Cadillac and a summer cottage in some small town far away from Helsinki. Me, him and Jope drove the cadillac to visit the cabin and attend a film festival held in the town.

After spending some time at the cottage, we drove downtown. It was getting late, and the city center was filled with drunk teens making a lot of noise. We decided this sort of thing wasn't for us, and left to drive around the countryside in ReXX' cool Cadillac. Later on we returned to the town and noticed things had calmed down a little.

Next we entered one of the movie theaters and proceeded to watch a flick. Suddently one of us realized we had left lots of DVDs and other valuable stuff in the car, and feared somebody would steal them. Upon returning to the parked vehicle, we found all the things left inside were still in place, but the entire front body of the car was missing!

ReXX was understandably pissed off, since Cadillacs aren't free.
I don't usually dream about work, especially about parts of my job that do not yet exist.

I went out to our outlet store because they were having trouble with their new retail system. Their multiple interconnected PC based register system was not doing something it should have been. I walked in to the store, and one of the employees at the store was a previous regional manager who worked in the office with me and was forced out by her supervisor (the bitch). This regional manager and I always go along, but there was never any sexual tension or anything between us. She walked over to me and got very close and gave me a kiss on the lips. Not a passionate, sexual kiss, but a loving, caring kiss that seemed to more of a message than anything else.

Later, when I finally got to the back of the store where the PC's were, I took off my jacket and held it folded in front of me. One of the cashiers suggested that if I wanted to stay modest, I should wear some pants. At this time, I realized that I wasn't wearing anything. Not losing my cool, I told the cashier, "That is why I'm holding my jacket in front of me".

I've never dreamt that I was unclothed in public before.

The rest of the dream was a blur.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.