- / +

  • He wanted to kiss me, and I wanted it to happen, and no further communication was necessary. His shoulders were strong.

  • It was a long thin glass tube filled with amber liquid and I drank it. You didn't take this, did you? This is strong stuff. . . She tried to warn me against what might happen but I pushed her away. It was only cold medicine, I refused to worry. Slowly the symptons crept upon me, itchy eyes, a tender throat, but it didn't matter because the world was developing a golden haze and it rang like a bell to look at.

  • I let Kyle Davidson drive, which was not wise. I went to sleep in the backseat. I woke up hours later and it was snowing and he had put his sister out of the car several miles back. I staggered dizzy into the whirling blind snow, searching, calling for her. I scratched notes in the snow with my hands so I would not forget this dream.

  • I had been adopted by a strange and wealthy family. They were all very nice to me and seemed to mean it. I always secretly loved it when it was my turn to do the dishes because of the huge double sink in the kitchen, and so much floorspace you could dance. Josh showed me how to lock the front door and it was so complicated I wondered if I would ever feel truly at home here.

  • When I passed the laundry room someone called out from inside, scaring me, but it was flattering to have been recognized. He's glad I'm here.

  • It was snowing in the courtyard. Why were we required to be outside? Will Smith offered to take off his pants for me. I declined.
  • a website in hong kong / california is offering shares in something ethereal that I think would be amusing to have one of. girls, maybe? I don't remember. so anyhow, I take the Instaflight to hong kong/california, and buy one, and also some official rollerblades, from the smiling fellow there. rowan is also there, with an entourage. feeling magnanimous, he is buying two shares, plus some dress shirts and three 3-D suits. the 3-D suits seem like a bigger and boxier version of what Max Headroom might wear. back at the tabhaus, only in the non-existent atrium dining room with views out to the ocean, rowan and I sit at the wooden dining table. We have a spirited argument about why rowan won't rollerblade with me; he says he gets too sweaty. I say don't you sweat when you bike! and he says not when I wear a helmet! so I ask him what colour his 3 3-D suits are, having high hopes for purple or something equally vibrant and silly. But no, he sadly replies, as his mother footed the bill for some reason, they are Chartreuse, Chartreuse, and Black. He sighs heavily and jumps out the window and flies away. I continue eating my homefries.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.