Draco (from the Latin for 'Dragon') Malfoy (Mal- from the French for 'bad' or 'evil') is the only son of Lucius Malfoy, who was thought to be Lord Voldemorts' leading henchman. Draco is generally a nasty piece of work, and along with his minions Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe, he mercilessly teases Harry and his friends.

Draco managed to get the Seeker position for Slytherin house afer his father bought the entire team new racing brooms, and is a favourite of his House Master, Professor Snape.

Return to the Harry Potter Project

Draco Malfoy

Draco Malfoy is the evil class mate of Harry Potter and is the only son of Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy. Narcissa Malfoy is Sirius Black's cousin. 'Malfoy' means 'bad faith' in french and 'Draco' means 'dragon'. Although Draco Malfoy never has large parts in the films, his part is vitally important in holding together the entire story. He is often with his dim-witted accomplices, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle, who act as his bodyguards. His most striking features are his sleek, white blonde hair and his grey eyes. He is very proud to be pure blood and looks down on anyone who isn't, calling muggle borns 'mudbloods'.

Although Draco's romances don't feature dominantly in the books or films he is often fussed over by Pansy Parkinson but he doesn't seem to like her in return. His largest part is in the Half Blood Prince where he helps Death Eaters get into Hogwarts School and holds up Dumbledore but cannot kill him. He becomes the seeker for the Slytherin quidditch team when his father buys the entire team the latest brooms. He plays an important part in the last book when we discover that he was, for a time, the unknown master of the elder wand. In the end Draco Malfoy and his parents survive and we find out that he is married and has a child.

Tom Felton is the actor who plays Draco Malfoy and he lives in Hampshire, England.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.