Genre

Described by no lesser authority than the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy as the biggest, loudest, richest rock band in the history of history itself, Disaster Area are the ultimate heavies of heavy metal bands, a plutonium rock band. It doesn't get much heavier than that, kids. DA, as they are seldom if ever known, are said to hail from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, of which only rumours of the direst sort are heard.

Bio/History

Disaster Area are generally represented as not only the loudest rock band in all of time and space, but "in fact the loudest noise of any kind at all." No small claim to live up to, but when you've destroyed not merely lives, or cultures, or civilizations, but actual planets with your performance, I suppose that you can strut about a bit.

Acoustics

Afficianados of the band report that optimum listening pleasure is to be dervied from deep inside large concrete bunkers, at an optimum distance from the massive stage of thirty-seven miles. Some have reportedly set up closer, but no reliable witnesses have ever been found.

Disaster Area themselves do not take the stage per se, but their instruments do. DA play them remotely from within their heavily insulated spaceship, located safely above in orbit (sometimes not even in orbit of the planet under their sonic assault).

The Songs

With most Heavy Metal artists, lyrics are secondary to the explosive power of the music. No one exemplifies this more than DA.

Many worlds have banned them outright, and others that have not wish that they had. This has not stopped DA from earnings of such enormous magnitude that entire sub-branches of mathematics and accounting were spawned to describe them.

Known for

  • The totally black ship which does the sun dive
  • Ear damage

Original Members

Discography

Not available.

Contemporaries and influences

Hotblack once knocked about with Ford Prefect and Zaphod Beeblebrox.


Adapted from The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.