Dino Crisis is a Playstation game released in 1999 by Capcom. It is a survival horror game, much like Silent Hill and Resident Evil. In fact, being from the creators of Resident Evil, it plays very similar. However, they mixed a little Jurassic Park into the plot, and so your stranded on an island full of dinosaurs which you must kill, stun, or escape from to survive.

You play as Regina, an elite member of a special task force, and a weapons specialist. She is very agile and stealthy.

You are accompanied by Gail, a guy with an icy demeanor and apparently no qualms about a feminine name, and Rick, the computer and medical expert. He always puts his friends and teammates first, unlike Gail who believes the mission has top priority.

You were sent to Iblis Island to find and capture Dr. Kirk, a man who supposedly died three years ago while working on something called Third Energy for the government. Dr. Kirk is completely focused on his research, and doesn't care how his actions effect society.

The game features most of Resident Evil's staples, such as storage boxes, the ability to mix items, big creepy things jumping out of nowhere at you, and not enough ammo to kill everything. And if it's not close enough to Resident Evil for you, included with the game is a demo disc of Resident Evil: Nemisis.

The game itself is one disc, as it doesn't feature the multitude of cinematics like Parasite Eve or the ability to play as multiple characters like Resident Evil. It is still an entertaining game, and with several secrets to unlock and alternate ending, it should prove quite the time killed. Rated M for Mature (Animated Blood and Gore, Animated Violence).

Overall, if you like Resident Evil and the other Survival Horror games, you'll probably like this one as well (unless you have a zombie fetish). I mean, who wouldn't want to take a shotgun to a velociraptor? The game also has two direct sequels, Dino Crisis 2 and Dino Crisis 3 as well as a spin-off Dino Crisis: Survivor which is much like the Resident Evil: Survivor games. Enjoy.

Note: This game was also ported to the Sega Dreamcast. Thanks to stewacide for the info.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.