Somewhat-obscure American actress born on December 22, 1968 in Queens, known mostly for her fiery red hair. Meyer grew up in Dix Hills on Long Island, and started modelling at age 9. Though she wanted to study acting, on the advice of her parents she went to college instead. After she graduated from C.W. Post in 1990 (B.A. in Business Administration) she studied acting at The Neighborhood Playhouse in New York.

Dina scored her first role on the soap opera Beverly Hills 90210, playing the part of Lucinda Nicholson, a professor who uses sex as a weapon. After leaving the show, she landed a number of supporting roles in films, notably Johnny Mnemonic and Dragonheart. Her most famous role is that of Private Dizzy Flores in Starship Troopers. Dina originally auditioned for the part of Carmen Ibanez, but found Flores' story line more intriguing, and took that part instead. She has appeared on Friends, Ally McBeal, and starred most recently in Secret Agent Man and Birds Of Prey.

Filmography (TV excluded):

Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)         Commander Donatra
D-Tox (2002)                      Mary
Deadly Little Secrets (2001)      Stephanie Vincent
Federal Protection (2001)         Bootsie Cavander
Unspeakable (2001)                Diana Purlow
Bats (1999)                       Dr. Sheila Casper 
Stranger Than Fiction (1999)      Emma Scarlett 
Nowhere Land (1998)               Monica 
Starship Troopers (1997)          Dizzy Flores 
Dragonheart (1996)                Kara 
Johnny Mnemonic (1995)            Jane 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.