The Digital Angel is a device for tracking any human or animal, and through the use of biosensors and GPS determine the location and medical condition of that being.

The device is a product of the Applied Digital Solutions company and is being marketed as a device "to make the world a little safer". It is currently available in the form of a watch like device, pager, and most importantly from a personal freedom point of view, an implantable chip.

If one can see past the corporate schmooze of the Digital Angel corporation, you will see that this device serves as a tool of the oppressor, when you consider such bodies as Echelon, the real truth behind the apparent benefits of such as device become blurred as you realise that anybody within the catchment area of Echelon can be monitored.

As a addition to this post, I must add that the Digital Angel device by Applied Digital Solutions was originally designed to be an implantable(!) device. They had stated this in their web site about the same time they recieved the patent for the device (about 1998 or so), but due to negative feedback from consumers, they stopped marketing it as such, and changed the site. They now make no mention of implants, yet, the research is likely continuing, esp. after Sept. 11.

Scary, huh?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.