People are apt to forget the existence of the best form of the dew: Diet Mountain Dew. While hardcore Mountain Dew drinkers may scoff at the notion of a diet soda, hopefully they may soon realize the huge potential this diet drink may have for them. Diet Mountain Dew tastes much the same as the traditional Mountain Dew, but with a few small exceptions.

While the traditional Mountain Dew has a thick, syrupy texture to it, Diet Mountain Dew has a much more pleasant, light texture that allows one to enjoy the taste without feeling like one is swallowing flavorful cough medicine. The texture may be considered comperable to that of Sprite.

While the taste of Diet Mountain Dew can be easily compared with that of Mountain Dew, it has a special surprise in store for the new addict. Since Diet Mountain Dew has dropped the thickness, they have added something akin to Barque's famous bite, and have therefore gained a crisp taste that is found very rarely in the beverage world.

Despite all of this greatness, there are two relatively minor problems with Diet Mountain Dew as it stands. The fact that it is diet means that it contains the all-powerful aspartame, which may or may not imply that it will give you cancer thirty years down the road. The other, slightly more important problem, is Diet Mountain Dew's availability. Due to it's underwhelming success, it can be found only in major grocery stores, which means that one will have to travel further than the local 7-11 in order to obtain its greatness.

------------------------------------------------------

Nutrition Facts:


Serving Size: 8 fl oz (240 mL for the foreigners)
------------------------------------------------------
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 0g
Total Fat: 0g
Sodium: 25mg
Total Carbohydrate: 0g
Protein: 0g
------------------------------------------------------
Not a significant souce of other nutrients.
------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients List:


Carbonated water, concentrated orange juice, citric acid, aspartame, potassium benzoate, citrus pectin, potassium citrate, caffeine, gum arabic, natural flavors(?), brominated vegetable oil, yellow 5 and erythorbic acid.
------------------------------------------------------
As a final note, the bottle gives this warning:
Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.