I've found that one reliable way for a person to determine his or her true sexual preference is via the sense of smell. It was always clear to me that I have no interest in males, but the clincher has always been that they just smell wrong. Pheromone incompatibility, maybe.

So if you're having doubts about your sexuality, try this test: Select a member of the sex you're unsure about. Make sure that he or she is at least inoffensive to your other sense. Get close enough to have a good whiff, preferably while the other is in a sexually excited state. If you don't mind the smell, and indeed want to get even closer, that's a pretty good indicator that you're sexually attracted to members of that sex.

I've had a number of people test out this theory -- straight, gay, lesbian and bisexual -- and they've all told me it works for them. Let me know if it works for you; give me more data points!

Another way to determine if you're attracted to your own gender, at the least, is to smell your own scent. Yes, it sounds gross, but I've found that when I catch a whiff of my own body's scent (especially when I've been particularly physically active), I get a sudden jolt of sexual energy.

What's more, I hear many others saying the same thing. If you really want to know if you're attracted to men, though, try getting some of those artificial pheromones, and seeing if they affect you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.