DeGeneration X was the name of a wrestling stable (group of wrestlers) in the World Wrestling Federation.

It was born in 1997, when Shawn Michaels and HHH (Hunter Hearst Helmsley) were "forced" to team up in a series of matches. It was soon revealed that the two were, in fact, good friends, and the two heels (along with HHH's valet, Chyna) started calling themselves DeGeneration X.

The original premise was that as part of The Clique, Michaels and HHH intentionally broke "company rules" and acted rebellious in an attempt to get fired so they could join their fellow Clique members (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash) in WCW.

That incarnation lasted until Wrestlemania XIV (March 1998), when Michaels was forced to retire due to a career-ending back injury. HHH took command of the group, inviting fellow Clique member Sean Waltman (now known as X-Pac) and the New Age Outlaws to join. They existed in that form as tweeners (not good guys or bad guys, but in between) for a few months, until the overwhelmingly positive fan reaction to the new DX convinced the WWF to turn them into a babyface stable.

DX 2.0 lasted exactly a year, until Wrestlemania XV, when HHH suddenly turned heel. This threw DX into disarray, and for the next few months DX feuded amongst themselves as to who owned the "rights" to the name DeGeneration X. This was monumentally stupid and DX was promptly forgotten soon after, all wrestlers involved going their seperate ways.

DX was briefly reincarnated in late 1999, when WWF Champion (and heel) HHH convinced X-Pac and the New Age Outlaws to rejoin him in DX--now a heel stable. This lasted for a few months until gradually fading away into oblivion.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.