Back to the Dim Sum metanode
Not exactly a Chinese dish, it has some Western influences. Nonetheless, it is served often in dim sum restaurants, and it tastes good, so I'll include it.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Add salt and pepper. Sift cornstarch onto egg whites. Fold in gently.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg white mixture.
- Put walnuts on aluminum foil. Coat chicken evenly with walnuts.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees in wok. Deep-fry chicken. Drop in a few pieces at a time. Fry until golden brown. Drain.
- Place chicken on platter. Garnish with pineapple and cherries.