Well, it's the day after Chirstmas, and boy, I'm glad I didn't have to work today. Either that, or someone was playing tricks with the schedule. Both situations are equally plausible.

With $40 in gift certificates from Best Buy to spend, I guess a new computer toy or two wouldn't hurt too much... that is, if Best Buy were open past 7:30PM Sunday night. Ah, well, I'll just enjoy the 9 tapes of Monty Python's Flying Circus the family got. Ah, bliss...

...BACK...FORWARD...

Got up, got dressed, got to work. Logged in to my workstation, typed !! or I tried to anyway. I ended up hitting !1 so instead of running the command "openwin" I instead ran "rm -rf ./*". So I am now $HOMEless. I spent much my my night, trying, with little to no success to try and get everything back the way it was. Did I mention how much I hate Solaris 2.5.1?

The annual Sydney-Hobart yacht race. After reading in VANITY FAIR about last year's race (in which boats were lost and crewmembers perished in storm and high seas), I wanted to see the start of this year's. Watched it through binoculars, from a skyscraper in the city.

Two hours before the 1 p.m. race start, spectator craft were already getting into prime position near the starting line in Sydney Harbor. In the last couple of weeks I'd seen the Harbor waters covered (so I'd thought) with yachts and launches, but it was nothing compared to the sight today, fifteen minutes before the starting time. And there were 16 helicopters and a Goodyear blimp hovering overhead. Realized that some of the race yachts were ones I'd seen plying to and fro in the last week or so.

Should've gone to Sydney Heads, where there were large crowds waiting to see the yachts sail through and into the open seas, but I still had that eyestrain (or whatever) from Xmas eve, so sunlight was like death.

The sky was covered with a layer of cloud, but that cloud was glowing bright like it was radioactive. After the boats left the Harbor and set off to sea, went back to bed with sunglasses on and the drapes open.

December 26, 1999

4:04am.

Why are we so in need of human contact? If we were made by some god, which I highly doubt, why would he have made us so fucked up? Take a step back, look at society, the way we view things, the way we act, the "complexities" of our idiotic minds, and it isn't beautiful. Is it? It's a jumbled mess that makes little to no sense, where we can come up with explanations for something then turn around and explain the exact opposite.. lost my thought. Why do we need to fall in love, as if there is actually a thing called "love" that exists in this reality other than in the tiny worlds that fill our minds? People question it all, obviously, as it's documented in countless books, but I see people daily, or type to them at least, and maybe they question it, as well, but as often? Every minute of the day? Hm, why does everything end in questions. Why has life been designed to be torture?

rewind|forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.