"the practicality of politics"

went dancing on the moon with my three favorite people today. Two I failed at pursuing and now we're "just friends". One has been like my brother since time began.

They talked like people- about nothing, or about the here-and-now, what's right in front of them, and enjoyed company. I was mute- All I had was critisism and sarcasm, and I didn't want to spoil anything. What else do I have, but maybe a few tired jokes?

We critisise to keep the system honest; pointing out problems is how they are fixed. good for tomorrow, but aren't I young? But summers go by out the window while I practice saving the world.

It’s hard for me to share certain things with my E2 Family but I feel, regardless of the backlash, this is important that I share.

In my time on this pebble I have met people of all races and cultures except, for some odd reason, I had not met many people of the Jewish faith… until this past summer. Since then it seems I meet more and more. Not just Jews! Many, many other cultures were all together from their native countries at Culver, Indiana. Every time I meet someone I’m noticing the craziest thing, though being Christian and hearing undertones of the Christian Superiority attitude in daily life more and more, I am feeling something that should be great: I can’t find a reason to hate because of race or religion. Now, I’m not proclaiming some high and mighty position of perfect simulacrum with reality, I simply feel like I’ve reached a level of exposure to other cultures where I can understand how horrible racism and such is.

Let me reiterate. By not being exposed to a lot of other cultures early I just accept that yes, sure, racism is bad. But until I was put to the test, dropped into that situation, did I truly feel what it was like to despise racism. I’ve met people of lots of cultures that I love now. I’ve met people of lots of cultures that I can’t stand now. I love and loathe them all… by who they are. This sounds like it simply can’t be a revelation of a man of any age over 10, but it is. It’s experience. I’ve finally had a new experience in a new department and I feel like some things simply make more sense now.

I hope this isn’t the last time I feel this: New.

The dumbest customer of the day award goes to . . .

I pick up the phone.
"Hey, uh, this is Jim Kerflucktahbooey. I picked up my prescription earlier but the bag says it's somebody else's."
[Oh crap.] "What name is on the bag?"
"Jim Kerflucktahbooey."
"We have no other customers with that name."
"But it says I live at 742 Evergreen Terrace in Springfield. I live at 13 Spooner Street in Quahog. You've got the wrong Kerflucktahbooey!"
"Where do you work?"
"At the widget plant."
"Okay. That's the insurance we ran it through. What's your Social Security Number."
"577-60-1114."
"That's what we have on file. Did you used to live in Springfield?"
"Well, yes."
"At 742 Evergreen Terrace?"
[Long pause.]
"Ohhhhhhhhhh . . . Umm. Merry Christmas. Bye."

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!


[Names and locations have been changed to protect the extremely stupid. The Social Security Number I gave out above is J. Edgar Hoover's. ]

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.