"See it with a bud."

1993 movie written and directed by Richard Linklater. Depicts the last day of school in 1976 and the lives of a mixed group of high school students as they party (read: intake copious amounts of weed and alcohol), haze and get hazed, etc.

Good laid back film that makes you wish you lived in the 70's ... almost.

cast:

Randall "Pink" Floyd - Jason London
Simone - Joey Lauren Adams
Michelle - Milla Jovovich
Slater - Rory Cochrane
Wooderson - Matthew McConaughey
O'Bannion - Ben Affleck
Mitch Kramer - Wiley Wiggins
et. al.

tagline and cast procured from imdb.com

This song was originally performed by acoustic folk artist, Jake Holmes. It appeared on his first and only album, The Above Ground Sound of Jake Holmes. In its original form, the song described a bad acid trip in lurid detail.

Jimmy Page's band (as well as at various times, Eric Clapton's and Jeff Beck's band), The Yardbirds frequently covered this song in its original form, and in fact, claimed it as their own, changing its name to I'm Confused.

When the last incarnation of the Yardbirds became Led Zeppelin, it was once again renamed Dazed and Confused, but the lyrics were changed to reflect on a bad relationship, in the traditional blues "woman is the devil" paradigm. It featured both Robert Plant's screeching vocal chords and the screech of Jimmy Page's violin bow against his psychedelic sunburst 1959 Fender Telecaster, late of his Yardbirds days.

Dazed And Confused, is a 1993 film written and directed by Richard Linklater. The film depicts a group of kids ranging from freshmen to seniors, trying to make the best of the last day of school. During school Randall "Pink" Floyd (Jason London) is given a pledge sheet by his friend and team-mate Don Dawson (Sasha Jenson) that says "I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, sex after twelve, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardise the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76." Over the course of the movie Pink contemplates quitting football over it, and at the end of the movie tells coach "If I do play football this year, it's gonna be on my terms, oh and I will never sign this." After school, Kevin Pickford (Shawn Andrews) is going to have a party. But when the beer truck comes 2 hours early, his dad decides not to go out and the party's cancelled. Floyd asks freshmen Mitch kramer(Wiley Wiggins ) if he wants to join them and drive around a little, after Dawson O'Bannion and Melvin paddle his ass. He complies, and after stopping at the Emporium, busting some mailboxes, and drinking some beer, they all end up at a beer bust at the moon tower. All in all, it is a great movie, very funny and really really chill man.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.