ACOUSTIC METAL.

That's what they do (or, rather, did), and as annoyingly pop-influenced as it may be to many of you, Days of the New has a sound uncommon to modern music, although they obviously count Alice in Chains among their chief influences. Founded in Louisville, Kentucky, Days of the New was signed by Outpost Records after their third local gig. They released their debut album (self-titled) in mid-1997. Singer Travis Meeks, bassist Jesse Vest and drummer Matt Taul, grew up as friends in Indiana and picked up guitarist Todd Whitener when they moved to Kentucky.

Their debut single, "Touch, Peel and Stand" rocketed to no. 1 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart, and was played to death on MTV. They then toured in support of the record with Veruca Salt. While Meeks' vocal style was often (and not usually positively) compared to Layne Staley's, the band achieved a broad following, before splitting soon after. Meeks continued Days of the New, adding eastern percussion, full orchestrations, and broadening his musical horizons, while the rest of the band formed the horrendous gut-splitting ear-raping travesty Tantric.

factual source: http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/days_of_the_new/bio.jhtml

the sarcasm you can thank me for.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.