David Tennant is the stage name of David John McDonald, a Scottish actor who played several iconic characters in his career. 

He's probably best known for his role as the tenth Doctor Who, his dream role that he never thought he would get a chance to play. He had watched all of the classic Doctor Who as a child and loved the character. David brought gravitas and sensitivity to the iconic role which set him apart from other actors. Indeed, just saying, "I don't want to go" is enough to get some fans of the show to start shedding tears.

Tennant landed the role of Barty Crouch, Jr. in the movie "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". The screen role was changed slightly from the book version, but I didn't recognize him until I saw his name in the ending credits and had to rewind the DVD.

In recent years he has appeared in the police procedural Broadchurch and as Kilgrave (the Purple Man) in the Marvel television show "Jessica Jones". Both roles were brilliantly handled, and many people had issues classifying Kilgrave as either evil or just broken. 

I enjoy David Tennant's work so much that I'll watch anything that he's in. There are few actors that can instill that kind of confidence in their work these days.

Iron Noder 2017

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.