Full Name: David Patrick Boreanaz
Date of Birth: 16th May 1971
Place of Birth: Buffalo, New York
Marital Status: Married to Jaime Bergman since November 2001

BIOGRAPHY
David Boreanaz is famous, first and foremost, for his role in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He is instantly recognisable as Angel and has very few other acting roles to his name. An almost inexcusably attractive individual, David's acting skills may not be his greatest asset, but he certainly has bags of screen presence.

The Early Years
David was born in Buffalo, New York on the 16th of May 1971, the son of a travel agent and a weatherman. At the age of 8, David saw a theatre production of The King and I and was so mesmerized by the performance of Yul Brynner that he was inspired to become an actor.

David attended Ithaca College in New York and, while there, began performing on the stage but didn't really take any big steps towards show business until he graduated. At this point, he moved to Los Angeles in pursuit of stardom, but unfortunately had a less than auspicious start. He spent time valeting and painting houses before landing a small part in Married...With Children in 1993. There was then very little (imdb lists two uncredited movie roles) before Buffy.

The Big Break
As the story goes, David was spotted by a manager while out walking his dog, Big Bertha, and immediately sent out for the audition for the part of Angel/Angelus in upcoming teen horror / drama, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. David got the part and plays the part of the vampire with a soul to perfection. After two years, the Buffy spin-off show about Angel's new life after leaving Sunnydale, imaginatively entitled Angel, started and David starred in his first lead role. This show was again very successful and has recently begun its fourth series.

Movies
David has only had one movie role of any note - one of the leads in 2001's Valentine, a tale of a bullied high school kid who returns to murder the girls who made his life hell. Also starring Denise Richards and Katherine Heigl, the movie is surprisingly good with some nice plot twists at the end. David's performance is a tad wooden, but certainly doesn't detract too much from the story.

David has also appeared in I'm with Lucy - released in November 2002, I know little about it, but it certainly wasn't big.

PERSONAL
David has been married twice - firstly to Ingrid Quinn in June 1997, but they were to divorce in 1999. More recently he has married former Playboy model, Jaime Bergman - they were due to marry in September 2001, but because of the terrorist attacks on September 11th, the marriage was postponed until November. Jaime gave birth to their first child, a boy, in May 2002.

FILMOGRAPHY

Married...With Children (TV) (1993)
Aspen Extreme (uncredited) (1993)
Best of the Best II (uncredited) (1993)
Macabre Pair of Shorts (1996)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV) (1997-1999)
Angel (TV) (1999-...)
Valentine (2001)
I'm With Lucy (2002)


Sources:
the unmistakable imdb.com
http://david.mynock.com/bio.shtml
http://www.geocities.com/the_angel_files/DBbio.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.