Dark Lotus is a musical supergroup on Psychopathic Records... sort of the juggalo equivalent of Pigface. The current line-up consists of Violent J (of ICP), Shaggy 2 Dope (of ICP), Jamie Madrox (of Twiztid), Monoxide (of Twiztid), Blaze Ya Dead Homie (just him, and not Anybody Killa), and Marz (a former tour guitarist from Ministry). Update 7/19/01: Marz has been supposedly been replaced by Anybody Killa of Blaze Ya Dead Homie.

Speculation has abounded that Lavel, Vanilla Ice, Anybody Killa, and even the wrestler Vampiro are in this group, but officially, none of this is true, although Anybody Killa appears on the Dark Lotus track "Drunken Ninja Master" that's on Twiztid's "Cryptic Collection II" CD, Vampiro speaks the intro to "Maniac Killa" off Twiztid's "Freek Show" album.

Dark Lotus's CD is going to be released in early July at The Gathering of the Juggalos in Toledo, OH. Aside from the two previously mentioned tracks, Dark Lotus also performs the song "Echo Side" on the ICP album "The Amazing Jeckel Brothers".

The group performed for the first time ever at The Gathering of the Juggalos on July 15th, 2000. The set included several Twiztid and Insane Clown Posse songs.


What differentiates a Dark Lotus track from a normal ICP/Twiztid collaboration?
A good question. I don't know about "Echo Side", but the other two tracks' music were produced by Shaggy 2 Dope, instead of Mike E. Clark doing the beats on an ICP-based collaboration, or Fritz the Cat doing the music on a Twiztid-based collaboration. Also, the lyrics are a bit more serious than your typical ICP fare. Update 7/19/01: This holds true for the non-album tracks, but on the album tracks, a guy called Mike P did most of the producing.

From the Insane Clown Posse website:
Dark Lotus... the darkest, most controversial, most mysterious, and most anticipated Psychopathic Records release ever... This Psychopathic super group includes Insane Clown Posse, Twiztid, Blaze your Dead Homie, and Marz. But there is more to this release than just music... it has been rumored that the Dark Lotus contains real black magic... That when listening to it, the temperature in the room drops 20 degrees... that people who have listened to it heard strange voices that sound like running water when they sleep... that peoples mirrors break, their clocks stop at 12 midnight... and more...


Update: 7/17/2001:

Tales from the Lotus Pod Psychopathic Records 2001

Tracks: Intro, Ali Baba, Cripple and Rape Me, I Hurt Myself, Call Upon Your Gods, And We Danced, Black Magic, Taste of Blood, Headache, Nobody Likes Me, Bitch I'm Sexy, Fire Rain, Mah Jeh Mah, The Crows, Juggalo Family, Dot Com (Note: Dot Com isn't featured on the store release of this album.)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.