"The Badshah of Indipop"

A well known Indian pop singer who has a hit single Tunak Tunak Tun. He is a Sikh, meaning he wears a turban. Probably the spokesman artist of the "Punjabi Pop" phenomenon, and author of the famous "Jalwa" and "Dar Di Rab Rab".

Tunak Tunak Tun, which is about 5 years old, is still on MTV India's top 10 charts. Catchy, although my Hindu friends have had trouble understanding most of it. All I know is that "Tunak" is like an expression, like "Yo." Daler splits into 4 people, earth, fire, wind, and water, and they all dance.

Other than that, it's becoming a big sensation, and may one day be as big as All your base.

I'd reccomend seeing him at www.daler.com or http://www.dalermehndi.com/

You need to see the video. "Ridiculous, cheesy, and cool" have been used to describe it.
http://music.teenstation.com/videos/bhangra/daler/tunak.rm

His Albums:
Bolo Ta Ra Ra
Dardi Rab Rab
Ho Jayegi Balle Balle
Tunak Tunak Tun
Ek Dana
Nachne Shaam Kaure
Mo Jaan Laen Do

His works, especially Tunak Tunak Tun, are known to attack the citizens of online anime forums for some reason. Luckily, however, he is nowhere near as infectious or dangerous as Shinohara Tomoe.

He is one of the best Indian techno artists the world has ever seen.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.