DEEP BLACK
CLASSIFICATION SAPPHIRE VORPAL JULIET
POTUS EYES ONLY
NSA/CANTRIP REF TAG U64FI0WN4D-BBNEJ23-SAICD2-9CCQYTH  CODE GROUP QUEBEC

PRIOR SECTION SPECWEAPS

NOTE:  DO NOT READ THIS DOCUMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ NSA/C CODE NOVEMBER AND INTERVENING SECTIONS.

XXX START SECTION TWO XXX

Mr. President: Do not read this section until you have completed Section One and been cleared as per your designated Operative Occluder.

By 1958, it was becoming clear to the U.S. and Great Britain Dresden/Yalta (D/Y) organizations that the USSR was not being entirely candid in its regular Dresden/Yalta updates. Evidence was mounting that the Soviets had successfully recovered the Type XXI boat from the bottom of the Baltic Sea and taken possession of its cargo. There was no hard information available on what had been recovered, or where it had been taken; however, HUMINT assets attempting to collect information on the Soviet Project 627 SSN produced an image from inside a Severodvinsk scrapyard of what was later determined to be the raised Type XXI. It had been bisected around the middle of the aft torpedo spaces, and the hulk showed evidence of internal damage to the spaces thus revealed - as well as some indications that the 'cargo' space had extended into or been connected to the aft ballast tanks. Radiation trefoil warnings, similar to those placed on malfunctioning marine nuclear reactors, were placed around the Type XXI. Before DEEP BLACK could coordinate its own intelligence mission, the Type XXI vanished from the shipyard. Fragmentary evidence indicates it was sunk in deep water underneath the Arctic icecap.

The USSR continued to maintain that the only SPECWEAPS materials in its possession were the single, decayed BALTIC/ALPHA specimen and inconclusive intelligence garnered from the interrogation of German POWs. DEEP BLACK and its British counterpart (MI-9, 'The Laundry') began a systematic collection effort for verification.

After eighteen months of work, evidence was collated which pointed to a large below-ground cold-water containment site at Chelyabinsk-65. This site was listed in secret Soviet documentation as a Pu-239 processing facility, with the containment pool described as a thermo-stable materials storage facility; however, the installation of several large flat ramps from the pools to ground level were not matched by exterior roadway access points and in two cases led directly to unimproved but heavily-secured ground areas. Additional reconnaissance of this site was prioritized.

In 1960, after a single test overflight over standard National Security targets, CIA unit "10-10" dispatched a Utility-2 overflight from Badaber, Pakistan to overfly Chelyabinsk-65. Intelligence was collected, but Soviet air defenses, alerted by the test flight, succeeded in downing the collection platform (along with one of their own fighters) in a massive SA-2 Guideline salvo. The platform Operator, F. Powers, disregarded his orders to destroy the aircraft and followed his secret orders from DEEP BLACK Procedures section, destroying his DEEP BLACK collection equipment but leaving his other cameras intact.

The failure of the Utility-2 overflight convinced DEEP BLACK that the Chelyabinsk-65 facility was in fact a SPECWEAPS site, and the design for the A-12 spy plane was modified to allow it to carry a single MANHATTAN asset for possible use against SPECWEAPS materials or assets in the Chelyabinsk area. Convinced that the USSR was engaged in wholesale proliferation of SPECWEAPS, DEEP BLACK supported the USAF's request for a high-speed penetration bomber, modifying its design to include honeycomb steel construction rather than aluminum as aluminum equipment had been suffering early and unexplained structural failures during the ongoing Mt. Erebus exploitation efforts. The XB-70A Valkyrie was prepared for use against select SPECWEAPS targets.

In 1966, however, the USSR formally declared via the Dresden/Yalta mechanism that they were maintaining a single SPECWEAPS sample captured from Germany, and requested inspection by the other signatories. After several trips, various DEEP BLACK and LAUNDRY personnel testified that the Chelyabinsk-65 facility, although it did contain a size three reconfigurable Shoggoth sterilization system, was purely experimental and did not constitute a deployable weapon system. The XB-70 was eventually cancelled in a show of detente.

In early 1969, DEEP BLACK became aware of secretive scientific and troop movements on the part of the Chinese government, including the stealthy positioning of infantry special forces with SPECWEAPS personnel inside northern Mongolia. The situation was exacerbated by the Chinese attack on Zhenbao Island, far to the east, which sucked in a large number of Soviet troops in response. As the world watched China and the USSR spar publicly over old border claims in the east, units of the newly formed Chinese SPECWEAPS organization (祖传礼品 / ANCESTRAL GIFT) moved into Irkutsk, to the site of the 1908 Tunguska Meteor explosion. It is not known what they were seeking or what they recovered; however, their retreat was cut off by Soviet troop movements, and they were forced to divert west and fight their way back across the border in Xinjiang Province. Although both nations presented the combat as part and parcel of the so-called border dispute, the USSR had informed the U.S. and other Dresden/Yalta signatories of the true nature of the incursion. Although the Chinese special forces undertook demolition at the site, the remains of an underground grotto with extensive cold-water flow systems was discovered. A heavy concentration of animal remains and trace radiation was observed. Geologists estimated that the grotto had been sealed away from the surface since the 1908 impact.

Faced with this evidence, POTUS Nixon determined to bring China into the Dresden/Yalta accords, but met resistance. The secrecy of Dresden/Yalta had been tight enough that the Chinese government remained unconvinced that other powers had already acquired SPECWEAPS technology, and were loath to enter into any treaty limiting their development in a field they believed themselves to be ahead in. The only way to convince them otherwise was to demonstrate the state of D/Y SPECWEAPS development - but under no circumstances would the Chinese government allow such technology into their borders, nor would they visit elsewhere due to concerns over brain-eating co-option.

The solution to this impasse was to enlist a high-level VIP to transport and host the demonstration, one which the Chinese would be willing to believe was not being sacrificed in a secret Shoggoth smuggling strike. As a result, POTUS Nixon, with a keen sense of opportunism, traveled in person to China to assure the Chinese ANCESTRAL GIFT of the capabilities of the U.S., USSR and Great Britain. Following this trip, during which Nixon was able to convince the Chinese government to join the mutual updating schedule to reduce tension, the ANCESTRAL GIFT organization formally joined the Dresden/Yalta Accords. During his rehearsal presentation, however, a class-two servitor entity escaped control in the White House West Wing, and was contained in the swimming pool. Despite its successful termination, the contamination of the site and personnel was such that wholesale memory modification was required among witnessing staff. To explain the damage, the swimming pool was retroactively converted to a press briefing room, with construction debris hiding cleanup. (NOTE: DO NOT ACCESS AREA IDP-784 ON YOUR WHITE HOUSE ACCESS MAP WITHOUT AN ESCORT CLEARED TO GOLD SIERRA HEARTHSTONE LEVELS AND POSSESSING A CLASS-TWO SOULSHIELD.)

The Vietnam War was not related to SPECWEAPS in any way.

In 1978, the Shah of Iran, a SPECWEAPS activity ally of DEEP BLACK with CODE NARCISSUS GOLF CHESHIRE clearance due to his provision of diplomatic cover for DEEP BLACK activities in three sites in the Iranian desert, was overthrown. POTUS Carter announced his intention to brief select members of the provisional government of Iran on SPECWEAPS; DEEP BLACK was forced to exercise Provision 43 of the Operating Charter and deploy a non-sentient limited-scope servitor to modify POTUS's memory and prevent this breach of security. D/Y partner nations were advised.

During early 1979, DEEP BLACK and its allied agencies worked to evacuate all remaining SPECWEAPS materials from the three sites within Iran; two sites were completely cleared but a third was not. A contingent of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards had been bivouacked near the third site, and it was deemed impossible to continue without either wet operations or diversion.

On November 4, 1979, student revolutionaries occupied the United States Embassy and took hostages. DEEP BLACK immediately deployed watcher entities to protect the hostages in situ (again consulting with other D/Y agencies) and commenced a cover operation. Under the cover of sandstorm, a flight of eight CH-53 SpecOps helos and a Charlie-130 with DEEP BLACK minders was sent to Site Three. Although all remaining SPECWEAPS material was successfully loaded aboard the Charlie-130, one of the two specimens retrieved began to show signs of classic Lake/Dyer estivation termination. In the ensuing evacuation, the flight crew of the C-130 were killed by a Dresden Incursion (level three) and the DEEP BLACK team aboard a neighboring CH-53, witnessing this, rammed their aircraft into the grounded C-130 in a (successful) attempt to sterilize the incursion.

POTUS Carter, unable to properly focus, lost the election handily. This is the only instance of intervention in U.S. political process by DEEP BLACK, and all parties are briefed. (NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IS CLASSIFIED LOCKSLEY SEVEN FIVE THETA AND DIVULGENCE OF THIS INFORMATION OUTSIDE AUTHORIZED DEEP BLACK INFORMATION CORRAL NINER FIVE NINER WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC PERSONALITY RECONSTRUCTION VIA AUTOSERVITOR POTUS-ONE).


XXX END SECTION TWO XXX

NEXT SECTION PRIOR TENANT

CLASSIFICATION SAPPHIRE VORPAL JULIET
POTUS EYES ONLY
NSA/CANTRIP REF TAG U64FIPWNTD-BBWJF01-SGHCD2-9CCUIT3  CODE GROUP ROMEO

XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXX

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.