One of a few pool games that are enteraining with three players. Each player is represented by five balls, and attempts to pocket the other ten balls on the table. Cutthroat may be played as a called shot game if the players are so willing.

The 15 object balls are racked randomly, and one player breaks from behind the head string. The table is open until the end of the first turn in which a player pockets any ball. At that point, the player who turn just ended declares his/her set of balls: high (numbers 11-15), middle (6-10), or low (1-5).

Pocketing any object ball is rewarded with the allowance of another shot. (A player may pocket his/her own balls to acheive better leave.) A scratch allows the next player to take the ball in hand and place it anywhere on the table prior to his/her next shot.

A player is out of the game if all five of his/her object balls are pocketed. The winner of the game is the last player who has object balls on the table.

Want more information? Please see billiards.

Transforms from monster to robot and back!

TERRORCON: CUTTHROAT

FUNCTION: SHOCK TROOPER
"Compassion is the currency of losers."

Not a trace of mercy can be found among his microchips. Insatiable lust for destruction. In battle, lashes out with wings, beak, and claws to cut everything to ribbons. In creature mode can leap 4 miles in one jump, breathes flame. In robot mode, carries double-barreled magnetizer that oppositely charges any metal target so it tears itself apart. Combines with fellow Terrorcons to form Abominus.

  • Strength: 8
  • Intelligence: 4
  • Speed: 4
  • Endurance: 9
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 8
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


The most normal-looking small Terrorcon in robot mode and the least threatening in monster mode. Cutthroat was the air-based member of the crew, supposedly a monstrous raptor bird but looking more like a green cardboard box with wings, huge feet, and a pointy chicken head.

At Johns Hopkins University, any sufficiently driven student pursuing a degree in biomedical engineering is called a throat, short for cutthroat. Because JHU's BME (aka pre-med) program is consistently ranked as one of the best ways to get into medical school, many Type A people strive to get into the Hopkins program. Because these people are driven (by neurotic parents, usually) to be the absolute fucking best at everything they do, they tend to get very cranky when they get to college, and resort to things like laboratory sabotage, cheating on exams, giving "friends" the wrong homework assignment, reserving several study rooms simultaneously the night before an exam, and so forth.

Their aggressive focus on throating other BMEs tends to rub non-BMEs the wrong way in large classes like calculus and physics. Because they have a goal very sharply in focus, they often get angry about being told they aren't allowed to do something that's in their plan. One example: as a junior, getting locked out of a senior-level class that has a size limit may happen, but it "doesn't happen to me!"

Not necessarily spods, because they usually pursue extracurricular activities with a bold ferocity that causes other non-BME members to resign and find new hobbies. These so-called students are resume stuffers: by foundng a new club and getting themselves elected president or treasurer, they gain one more point of well-rounded-ness. Most BMEs have an intrinsic charisma and an infectious optimism that makes them a natural leader. If a club already exists that a band of throats want to add to their resumes, they join, shrink the membership with ill will and Robert's Rules, then install a puppet regime. Once they get take the MCATs, the club is disbanded or its wreckage is handed back to the peasants.


Disclaimer: Not all pre-meds are throats! I have known many nice BMEs. However, the traits that make an ambitious, capable, talented student a good friend and a great leader are the same ones that, in the absence of ethics, make that person into a cutthroat.

Cut"throat` (k?t"thr?t`), n.

One who cuts throats; a murderer; an assassin.

 

© Webster 1913.


Cut"throat`, a.

Murderous; cruel; barbarous.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.