In Boxing, the guy in the corner who takes care of cuts when they appear on their respective boxer. Especially in modern Boxing this is a very important job. The cut man needs to stop the bleeding, particularly if the blood can run into the eyes of the fighter, and stop the cut from getting serious enough for the fight to stop. The cut man will also take care of swelling, especially with the eyes. If even one eye becomes swollen shut the Boxer will be at a great disadvantage. Cut men are hired by the boxer (or his manager), so they can vary widely in skill and resources. In one fight I saw, one cut man was using every means in existence to seal a cut, while in the other corner they only had towel.

In one of the Rocky movies (either I or II) the cut man was actually making cuts. Rocky's eyes were swelling shut, so in order for him to see, the cut man cut into the swelling, I suppose to release fluid. A pretty gruesome scene. While this may have happened in real boxing in the past, I seriously doubt any modern Ref or ringside doctor would allow such a procedure.

A character from the Nintendo Mega Man video games.

Dr. Wily No.: 3
Cut Man's weapon: Rolling Cutter
Best weapon to use against him: Super Arm (Guts Man's weapon)

He was a robot created by Dr. Light to act as a lumberjack. Then, Dr. Wily reprogrammed him to cause misery to mankind. He has a white and red color scheme. His most active weapon is the Rolling Cutter, which is attached on top of his head. His main attack pattern is jumping while tossing the Rolling Cutter towards Mega Man. After the first Mega Man game, he appears in numerous other Mega Man games.

Mega Man: The Wily Wars
A compilation of the first three Mega Man games for the Sega Genesis

Mega Man 3:
In the game manual, a group picture of the robot masters from Mega Man 1 and Mega Man 2.
In the ending of the game, showing the robot masters from Mega Man 1

Mega Man 7:
In a newpaper article featuring the arrest of Dr. Wily.

Mega Man 8:
(Sega Saturn version only) A hidden robot master that protects a bolt.
(Playstation & Saturn) A doll in the background of Clown Man's stage
In the anime sequence at the beginning of the game

Mega Man Soccer:
One of the soccer teams Mega Man has to beat

Mega Man: The Power Battle & Mega Man: The Power Fighter
One of the robot masters Mega Man has to beat

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.