Crumbly chocolate-chip cookies – a recipe.

This recipe I came up with creates 10 – 20 (your choice of size) crumbly chocolate chip cookies. These can also be called “gain weight fast” cookies, not only because they're tasty, but because practically every ingredient is fattening. In addition, if the dough is made as described here it won’t be too sweet, possibly creating the illusion of something less fattening.

Ingredients:
100 gr’ salted butter
4 egg yolks
1 cup of flour
1 teaspoon sugar
100 gr bittersweet chocolate (chips)
Powdered sugar

Preparation:
- Let butter melt a bit. You can slice it up and give it less than half a minute in a microwave to speed up this process.
- Mix yolks and butter (the mix doesn’t have to become totally smooth, just generally mixed). If you put the butter in a microwave make sure it’s not too hot before mixing.
- Add flour and sugar to the mix and knead. Dough should be a yellowish crumbly substance. If you wish to make dough slightly flavored you can add cinnamon, nutmeg (a personal favorite) or anything else.
- Add chocolate chips to Dough, and knead ‘till they’re more-or-less equally distributed. If you do this with your hands the chocolate should melt a bit, giving the dough a darker color.
- Make small cookie shapes from dough, cover these with powdered sugar and place on baking paper.
- Place in an oven preheated to 180 C for 20-30 minutes (depending on size of cookies).

If you’re someone who knows how to separate eggs and you have all the ingredients, this recipe will be ready half an hour or so after you decided you want to make it. The idea with the powdered sugar is that the fat-rich Dough turns it into a kind of “instant icing” for the cookies.

If you have a sweet tooth you may consider adding sugar to the Dough. IMHO this kind of ruins the point (though I just invented these today so I haven’t had a chance to check the “Dough with sugar” option).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.