Located in the San Gabriel Valley, it is part of the former Rancho San Jose, Covina was incorporated in 1909 and its name apparently means "place of vines" in Spanish, although its reputation was built on orange groves. From 1884 when it was divided into 10-15 acre properties for growing oranges till 1950s it still carried the motto "the best oranges in the world," and in the year of its incorporation it was the 5th largest orange producer in the world.
The Crashdown Café is located middle of Covina, in the approx. 4-6 large Old Town
district that contains the city hall
, hobby shops
a Cal Fed
and an old playhouse