Columbia University (aka Columbia), New York City, Ivy League Member. A cool place to hang out if you like learning things. Frequented by such luminaries as Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, Enrico Fermi, Albert Einstein, and George Stephanopoulos. Currently the educational resource that I spend the most money on.

Known to students as either The Man or Columbia University in the City of New York, it encompasses or works closely with many "famous" institutions, including Columbia College, Barnard College, the Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, etc.

Columbia has one of the worst, most inefficient bureaucracies on the face of our godforsaken planet. The campus is okay, most New Yorkers are surprised that it exists in the form that it does within such a developed city. It is situated in "Morningside Heights," which is really a Columbia-invented name to hide the fact that the neighborhood was originally called Harlem Heights. Don't want daddy's little boy to be going to school in Harlem, now do we? The Columbia area is also famous for the Battle of Harlem Heights, one of the few New York area battles actually won by the Americans during the American Revolution. Columbia was also the original site of the Manhattan Project.

Columbia College is famous for its Core Curriculum, a set of classes designed to ensure a liberal arts education for all majors. It is based around a class called Contemporary Civilization, which is one of the coolest classes in the history of the world.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.