The best kind.

Cold beer is a great beverage, far superior to its frequently maligned counterpart, warm beer. Cold beer on a hot summer day is great. I personally recommend Corona with a lime in it, but that's just me. I find cold beer to be refreshing, thirst quenching, and I think it tastes good. It's everything I look for in a beverage, and it also has the advantage over cold pop (or soda) that it can get you drunk, a far superior state of affairs than the current state of sobriety. In short, beer is good, and cold beer is even better. If I had any cold beer, I'd go get myself one, but unfortunately I drank all my beer and because of Ohio's blue laws I can't go get anymore, or more precisely, I can't get anyone to get some for me, since I'm underage. Oh well. I can always drink beer tomorrow.

While we're on the topic of cold beer, I'll tell the Heineken story. No one else likes this story, but I think it's a good story. But don't be disappointed if you don't like it either.

So me and my friend Jason are walking between 2 parties at Oberlin College where we go to school. We've each got a cheap beer that we took from the last party. We're walking down the street and we run into a couple of Jason's friends that I don't know. There's a guy and a girl, and the guy has a 6 pack of Heineken in his hand. Jason introduces us, and I shake hands with the guy with the Heineken, whose name I have forgotten (big surprise. ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you how bad I am with names. but I digress). Here's a reconstruction of our conversation, which reproduces all the essential parts, but I don't remember it exactly.

Me: Hey man what's up?
Him: Nothing much. Want a Heineken?
Me: Sure.

And then he gave me a Heineken, and we went out separate ways.

Now, some of you will undoubtedly disparage Heineken as an inferior beer, but the point is that I got a cold Heineken, and I like Heineken pretty well. And this was some guy I'd never met before. And he just gave me a Heineken out of the blue. I was pretty happy about this, and I think it says something about Oberlin students, that we will just give our Heinekens to other students walking down the street. I can't remember the guy's name, but he's a great guy, and he restored my faith in humanity. I only hope that someday I'll be able to give someone walking down the street a Heineken and perpetuate this random act of kindness.

That's the Heineken story. I like this story because it features cold beer coming to me at no cost at all. It's a beautiful world where being in the right place at the right time can lead to free cold beer.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.