The "old" library at the University of Evansville. Wrough with problems and complications during construction, the library is named after George S. Clifford. The building was constructed of Indiana limestone in 1955. It was the first campus building to feature a flat roof which also meant it was the first campus building to be equipped with an air conditioner. A time capsule intended to be opened in the year 2206 is buried in the building. A cable car system was used to move books from the old library in Olmsted Administration Hall.