A solicitor in London famous for sending her boyfriend, Bradley Chait, a racy email praising his sexual prowess. I haven't seen the email in question, but apparently it's quite graphic. Anyhow, the flattered Mr. Chait was so taken by the email that he felt compelled to foward it to a few of his chums, who forwarded it to their chums and so on. An email titled "The search for Claire Swire" followed, entreating its readers to help look for the poor, infamous lass (an exercise in distributed sexual harassment, perhaps?)

Overall, it seems an object lesson in the value of discretion and the sometimes-unfortunate permenancy of email.

Update: here's another nice url regarding the whole incident (including a photo of Bradley Chait): http://whoisclaireswire.terrashare.com/

This started with a group email of a smutty joke to a bunch of solicitors in Norton Rose, a corporate law firm in London's banking district.

"A guy walks into a sperm donor bank wearing a ski mask and holding a gun. He goes up to the nurse and demands her to open the sperm bank vault. She says: 'But sir, its just a sperm bank!' 'I don't care, open it now!' he orders. So she opens the door to the vault and inside are all the sperm samples. The guy says: 'Take one of those sperm samples and drink it!' She looks at him: 'BUT, they are sperm samples?' 'DO IT!' So the nurse sucks it back. 'That one there, drink that one as well', so the nurse drinks that one as well. Finally, after 4 samples the man takes off his ski mask and says: 'See honey - its not that hard.'"

A person on the list, one Bradley Chait, apparently the partner of Ms. Swires forwards the joke onto Claire, who works at MagicButton.net according to newspaper reports, with the message "cute".

Claire replies, "Lucky I swallow, so that won't be happening to me!"

Bradley replies "Not ALL the time I hope (or so you would have me believe)"

Claire then replies with the stunning come back of "I hadn't swallowed for years but yours was yum and very good for me too! Apparently it's very good conditioner for your hair too... getting a funny picture in my head, giggling out loud and now having to explain to Dave what's so funny!"

Now Bardley, being male and feeling the need to boast forwards this to a friend, with the comment "now THAT'S a nice compliment from a lass, isn't it?"

This is then emailed from the friend to 14 others with the catchline "beggars belief. I feel honour bound to circulate this".

And thus it escapes into the "real world". Interesting to note that Norton Rose have commented that two members of staff have been suspended for using internal email in an inappropriate way. (For details on Norton Rose's suspending of employees see http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1072000/1072391.stm)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.