Christopher A. Lloyd was born on October 22, 1938 in Stamford, Connecticut. By the age of 14 he had set his life on acting, and in a scant 2 years was apprenticing in summer stock. When he was 19, Lloyd went to New York City to take more serious acting classes, including some at the Neighborhood Playhouse with Sanford Meisner. Eventually, Lloyd appeared in many Broadway musicals. These include, "Happy End", "A Midsummer Night's Dream", "Red, White and Maddox", "Kaspar", "The Harlot and the Hunted", "The Seagull", "Total Eclipse", "MacBeth", "In the Boom Boom Room", "Cracks", "Professional Resident Company", "What Every Woman Knows", "As They Put Handcuffs on the Flowers", "The Father", "King Lear", and "Power Failure."

His Broadway acting would lead up to his first Hollywood picture in the film version of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. After his first film, Lloyd turned away from Broadway...even moving to Los Angeles in 1976. Two years later he made a guest apperance on Taxi and shortly became a regular as the Reverend Jim Ignatowski. More than anything Taxi helped earn him fame around the movie industry as well as his wild and crazy improvisions. Lloyd's most famous role was probably that of the quirky, eccentric scientist, "Doc" Emmett L. Brown in the Back to the Future Trilogy. He was also the voice behind the Doc in the animated series and appears in the Unversal Studios rides.

Lloyd is known as one of the hardest working people in the industry, switching regularly between film and telvision. However, despite his fame, Lloyd is an extremely shy person...he has no mailing address whatsoever for his fans to contact him and has it explicitly written into his contracts that is not required to promote his movies. He is very warm, and willing to talk with his fans should they meet him though. He is currently married to Jane Walker Wood (1991-) his second wife...he divorced Carol Vanek (1988-1991)


Filmography

    Go to http://us.imdb.com/Name?Lloyd,+Christopher...it's quite large at nearly 100 films.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.