This is a dessert I created because I wanted to have something for an Antipodean Christmas, which combined the traditional flavours of a Christmas pudding with an acknowledgement that here, it is a summer festival.
Ingredients Serves 8
8 brandysnap baskets
8oz dried fruit - sultanas and raisins mixed produce the best result.
1 oz castor sugar
10 fl.oz. double cream
- Cover the fruit with brandy and leave to stand overnight.
- Drain the liquid from the fruit and retain.
- Divide the fruit between the brandysnap baskets.
- Whip the cream with the sugar and the liquid drained from the fruit.
- Top the fruit with the cream mixture and serve immediately (with hot coffee to get the ideal combination of tastes).
This dessert is very rich, and one helping really is enough for anyone.