Christ Illusion is the tenth studio album from thrash metal act Slayer. It was released August 8, 2006, entering the Billboard 200 at #5.
The album has been described by the band as a mix between Seasons In The Abyss and God Hates Us All, and is the first album since Seasons to feature original drummer Dave Lombardo.

Track Listing

  1. "Flesh Storm" – 4:16 (King)
  2. "Catalyst" – 3:09 (King)
  3. "Eyes of the Insane" – 3:24 (Araya/Hanneman)
  4. "Jihad" – 3:30 (Araya/Hanneman)
  5. "Skeleton Christ" – 4:22 (King)
  6. "Consfearacy" – 3:09 (King)
  7. "Catatonic" – 4:56 (King)
  8. "Black Serenade" – 3:18 (Araya/Hanneman)
  9. "Cult" – 4:42 (King)
  10. "Supremist" – 3:51 (King)

Credits


The album was recalled and marked for destruction in India after protests by Muslim and Christian groups over the cover art, which depicts a sad, bleary-eyed Jesus with amputated hands standing amidst a sea of blood and severed heads. On October 11, 2006 it was announced that all stocks had been destroyed.1

The band predictably copped a bit of criticism over the song "Jihad", which tells the story of the 911 attacks through the eyes of the terrorists. The band maintains that the song does not make a judgment on the issue either way. Their 1986 album Reign In Blood, considered to be one of the best metal albums of all time, drew similar criticism in respect to the song Angel Of Death, which is ostensibly about Joseph Mengele and the Nazi death machine. However, most people are aware that themes of death, war and misery are nothing new to metal, and that Slayer are a group of musicians, obviously very successful ones, who in reality promote non-violence.

Christ Illusion is a kickin' album. It thunders along at a brutal pace. I've enjoyed repeated listens, and I'd say most fans will get a kick out of it.

It is Slayer's first album since God Hates Us All in 2001.

Source
1 http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6039976.stm

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.