If you ever go to Kentucky - guess what you have to try?! A chocolate pecan pie - they are marvelous! I rarely go to Kentucky and when I learned I had to for the National AOBA show I wasn't thrilled, of course I thought heck out of the entire US why was Kentucky picked?! Oh well it was fun.

We of course chowed and ate out a lot which didn't help in the maintaining a nice physique but oh well neither will this pie. It's delicious and very similar to a pecan pie which we all know southern eastern US is famous for.

This pie is REALLY good - and I recommend everyone to try it, it's not hard even for us novice cooks. So let me stop raving and give you the scoop on how to make it!

Ingredients.
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate bits (recommend Hershey)
  • lightly beated 2 medium eggs
  • 1/4 cup corn starch
  • optional but recommended: 4 tablespoons bourbon

  • 1 pie pan


  • What to do next.


    • Mix sugar, butter eggs and bourbon and then once those are missed lightly mix in the corn starch.
    • Stir in the pecans and chocolate and then put into the pie pan.

    • Bake at 350 F degrees for 45 minutes.


    Enjoy!




    This recipe was noded with permission from pastry chef Martha at Family Steak House in Louisville, Kentucky.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.