If you ever go to Kentucky - guess what you have to try?! A chocolate pecan pie - they are marvelous! I rarely go to Kentucky and when I learned I had to for the National AOBA show I wasn't thrilled, of course I thought heck out of the entire US why was Kentucky picked?! Oh well it was fun.
We of course chowed and ate out a lot which didn't help in the maintaining a nice physique but oh well neither will this pie. It's delicious and very similar to a pecan pie which we all know southern eastern US is famous for.
This pie is REALLY good - and I recommend everyone to try it, it's not hard even for us novice cooks. So let me stop raving and give you the scoop on how to make it!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate bits (recommend Hershey)
- lightly beated 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- optional but recommended: 4 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 pie pan
What to do next.
- Mix sugar, butter eggs and bourbon and then once those are missed lightly mix in the corn starch.
- Stir in the pecans and chocolate and then put into the pie pan.
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 45 minutes.
This recipe was noded with permission from pastry chef Martha at Family Steak House in Louisville, Kentucky.