This is a real delicious recipe that I mastered as a student, I've since perfected it and it tastes lovely...

Serves 2-4.

Ingredients

Instructions

  1. Finely chop (but do not dice) the onion, such that you are left with thin onion strands (I can't currently think of a more eloquent way to put it).
  2. Place the olive oil in a sauce pan on medium heat and fry the onions and jeera in it.
  3. Just before the onions turn golden brown add in the garlic and stir for a few seconds until the onions do turn golden brown.
  4. Add the 1/2 tin of tomatoes into the pan, and hear that sizzling!
  5. Add in the chopped green chilli, garam masala, turmeric and salt.
  6. Stir until the tomato has melted and is no longer very lumpy, all the mixture merges together into a kind of curry sauce.
  7. Add in the chick peas and stir well for about 1 minute.
  8. Add in 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of water (depending on how liquidy you like your curry), stir well and leave to simmer on medium to low heat with the sauce pan lid on.
  9. After about 20 minutes most of the water should have evaporated, and you should be left with a lovely looking chick pea curry.
  10. Finally place the chick pea curry in a nice looking dish and sprinkle it with the finely chopped coriander.
  11. It's as simple as that, and it can be served with Rice or naan bread. (I personally like it on a bed of rice).

Go on - try it!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.