A great recipe which we used to make in college. Handy because the ingredients are cheap, it takes no time to make and almost no effort either. Also pretty cool if you're out camping and only have a camp fire! If you think it sounds disgusting, try it first - you'll be amazed!

Ingredients
1 tin of baked beans
50g of grated real cheese (no cheese slices/processed cheese)

Instructions
On the hob: Cover the base of your pot with baked beans, grate your cheese and spinkle a layer over the baked beans. Continue layering your cheese/beans until you're done. Make sure the beans cover the top so you can't see any cheese. Heat on an average temperature for a few minutes and then start to stir. Turn the heat up and as you continue stirring, you'll see that the cheese is melting in. Once the cheese takes on a cheesy appearance and there's almost no lumps, serve.

In the microwave: Put half the tin of beans in the microwavable bowl, pour your grated cheese in, then pour the rest of the beans in. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes. Give it a stir. Microwave again for 3 minutes and stir. Serve when it looks pretty well melted and mixed in.

Serving suggestion
On toast, in a pita or with an omelette.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.