Chandelure is a fire-ghost type Pokemon the third and final evolutionary form in the Litwick line. It evolves from Lampent when exposed to a Dusk Stone.

Chandelure, as the name indicates, looks like a chandelier.Like the rest of its evolutionary line, Chandelure consumes human and pokemon souls, and its secondary type-name is "the Luring Pokémon." It lures and hypnotizes prey by waving its flames, then it burns the soul out of them while leaving the flesh intact.

Pokedex entries for the original Black and White games are:

    "It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance."
    "Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind."
Unlike the others in the evolutionary line, the creators must have realized how fucked up it is that a pokemon was literally destroying souls, so the Black/White 2 Pokedex entry tries to soften this information by implying that the souls used as fuel are not destroyed utterly as previously implied.
    "The spirits burned up in its ominous flame lose their way and wander this world forever."

So now instead of using up the spirits and destroying them, the pokemon sever whatever connection with the afterlife they have, use them up like batteries, and what's left of the spirit after is tossed aside to wander the world forever.

Because that's so much better.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.