Funny animal/superhero comic book published by DC Comics in the early 1980s. It was created by writer Roy Thomas and artist Scott Shaw! (the exclamation point is actually part of his name).

In a world populated entirely by anthropomorphic cartoon animals (called Earth-C), the team included: Captain Carrot (Roger Rodney Rabbit), the team leader (Duh!), who was super-strong, invulnerable, and could hop huge distances; Alley-Kat-Abra (Felina Furr), the team's magician; Fastback (Timmy Joe Terrapin), who could run at super-speed; Pig-Iron (Peter Porkchops), a big metal guy who was super-strong and indestructible; Rubberduck (movie star Byrd Rentals), who could stretch like a rubber band; Yankee Poodle (gossip columnist Rova Barkitt), who had powers of "animal magnetism" -- she could shoot repelling stars with one hand and tractor-beam stripes with the other; and Little Cheese (Chester Cheese), who was able to shrink to microscopic size.

The Zoo Crew fought many evil villains, including the Bunny From Beyond, Armordillo, Baron Von Vermin, Brother Hood, leader of A.C.R.O.S.T.I.C., Cold Turkey, Fatkat, the Screeching Tire, the Wuz-Wulf, Dr. Hoot, the Salamandroid, Frogzilla, Kongaroo, Jailhouse Roc, and King Kone.

As far as I can tell, the book got cancelled because it was too good to live.

My favorite vilain was the wuz-wolf, a perfectly normal wolf who, under the light of the full moon, would turn into a huge hairless pink ape bent on feasting on the chared flesh of innocent animals.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.