Located in Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada, Camp Howdy rests by the Indian Arm. It is a camp open to children from ages 6 to 16, but if your child is 6, don't send them because not very many group leaders really like working with the youngest children. Well, I suppose you should send them if you're you, because chances are that you don't really like working with them. The kids aged 14-16 are part of the leadership program, make for good friends, and will make fun of the younger campers with you after hours.

This camp is run very efficiently, and has seen some recent budget increases. It is destined to be the next "million-dollar camp" in Canada, and the second of which in the Greater Vancouver Regional District. There is a ropes course, a climbing section on the rock face, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, many trails, and forested regions for games. The kids who come to the camp are generally well-behaved, and many are returning campers. There is a significant proportion of International campers, most of whom come from Mexico, Korea, Spain, and Japan. It is an integrated camp, as well, which means that children with autism, ADD, Downs Syndrome, or other behavioural concerns are allowed to be part of a group.

I learned The Humpty Dumpty Song at Camp Howdy.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.