Caesars Indiana is centered around the world’s largest riverboat casino located on the Ohio River in Elizabeth, IN across the river from Louisville, KY. The casino, which is referred to as The Glory of Rome includes over 2,500 slot machines and more than 140 table games. The table games include blackjack, roulette, craps, mini baccarat, pai gow, Caribbean stud poker, Let it Ride, Spanish 21, and the largest poker room on the Ohio River. Gamblers are welcome to join the Emperors Club for free and gain points as you gamble as well as other discounts including 10% off any hotel rooms. For players who wish for more, they may purchase membership into Caesars One or Caesars Player Clubs for “exclusive privileges and enhanced benefits”.

The riverboat has four decks with five themes and a high limits area.
  • Burning of Rome Casino – walls lined with name appropriate theming
  • Caesars Movie Casino – movie set lining accompanied by monitors showing classic films
  • Caesars Music Casino – instrument décor coupled with even lighting made out of instruments all set to a strong red core color
  • Caesars Spots Casino – monitors show assorted sporting events in the ceiling décor of a coliseum
  • Caesars Rome Casino – décor here is the strongest straight Roman theme on the riverboat

The hotel that accompanies the casino has won numerous awards including the Best Casino Hotel by CitySearch.com and MSN. It includes 503 rooms and suites, a fitness center, Aroma Café, and an indoor pool with Roman theming. The outdoors includes a fitness trail with 18 workout stations and a “scenic woodland view”. Room choices include suite, Jacuzzi king, and deluxe room. Also accompanying this immense hotel experience is an award winning 18-hole golf course (Chariot Run) and a kennel for those who may need to have Spot get a vacation as well.

Want to do more than gamble, sleep, swim, golf, and relax? Caesar in fact offers even more. Legends, located quite near the boat in the complex, is an entertainment venue featuring fine eclectic food, live bands, and a bar that stands on its own as a “legend”. With each drink is a show of juggling bottles and pouring amazements by the bartenders. The venue has 25 monitors showing news and sports and a dance floor near the stage. Another fine choice for further entertainment is the Coliseum . This live stage area features a large variety of acts from stand-up to musicals to even comedic hypnotists.

Caesar offers many dining experiences aside from Legends. The most popular, at least from the immense lines that form outside, would have to be the Villa Buffet. The buffet offers up three meals a day, weekend brunches, and even a Friday night seafood buffet. Portico is a fine food restaurant serving steak and seafood as well as boasting an extensive wine list. Cleo’s Coffee & More is a 24-hour sandwich, coffee, and desert shop with some specialty drinks as well as a very run-of-the-mill coffee shop menu. Italiano Bistro serves deli pizza, salads, and sandwiches during regular gaming hours on the third deck. Movie Casino Deli has a standard “all-American” menu including hamburgers, hotdogs, and even soft-serve yogurt on the first deck during regular gaming hours. The Music Casino Deli on the second deck during regular gaming hours serves deli wraps, subs, salads, hotdogs, and Polish sausages. Finally, bars are located on every deck of the casino with stools and seating areas to take a breather and a shot if so desired.

(Author’s note: If by this point in the write-up you haven’t at least giggled at the way too many references to Rome and Romanesque themes you have missed out on something wonderful: Caesars Palace is a joke waiting to happen. Just think about it for awhile, you’ll laugh some, then start more, then you will have a battery of classics that accompany any conversation regarding Caesars anything.)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.