Airport code for Kastrup Airport located near Copenhagen on Amager in Denmark.

From here, you can take the train in 15 minutes to get to the central station just next to Tivoli (cost 16 DKK). The Check In counter in the newest terminal (Terminal 3) is less than 100 metres from the tracks making CPH one of the best connected in the world. The new bridge/tunnel between Denmark and Sweden is almost finished, and as the airport station is a stop on the route, extremely easy access to Malmö, Sweden is now also achieved.

Kastrup Airport is one of the busiest ones in Northern Europe, as most travellers going to Norway/Sweden from Europe change planes here. Some direct trans atlantic flights also depart from here.

Plenty of people complain about the worst airport they've ever visited (I vote for Charles de Gaulle Airport, myself). I'd like to do the reverse and say that Copenhagen Airport in Denmark is one of the nicest.

I don't know the terminal in which I landed, but I can tell you that it was fantastic. Many of the main corridors had wood floors, and were nice enough that I felt guilty about dragging my bag across them. Off the corridors were well-lit, comfortable seating areas; the chairs and couches were far enough apart that you could move your bags through without clambering over people or mowing them down. Throughout the airport, there were stores ranging from luxury shops to convenience stores, and on the way home I spent a good part of the wait for my flight just browsing.

The train to Copenhagen itself arrives just downstairs from the terminal. According to my watch, it arrived within forty-five seconds of its scheduled arrival time. I find this almost miraculous. Oh, and my cabdriver spoke more English than most New York City cabbies, which was funny though not entirely unexpected

I sat down and found myself relaxing, which almost never happens in an airport. I flipped on my laptop and (to my surprise) discovered that I had wireless Internet access. I also discovered that I was able to concentrate on what I was doing, which doesn't usually happen in an airport. After some time, I realized why: There were very few announcements on the allcall. Signs everywhere advised me that CPH was a "no-call" airport (I've forgotten the exact phrase they used), meaning that they did not announce departures to the terminal at large. You are responsible for being at your gate at the appropriate time--the airport assumes you are a mature, competent adult. Thus, I was spared the constant earsplitting crackle that plagues most other major airports.

Copenhagen Airport is clean, spacious, efficient, and attractive. The airport's designers created a structure that combines functionality with aesthetics; indeed, much of its appeal stems from its functionality (heck, from what I saw, that's true for most of Denmark). I never knew one could be proud of an airport, but if I were Danish, I would be proud of CPH.


I must say that, through my ignorance, I somehow managed to order a hamburger that came with bacon and a fried egg on top. To all the Danes out there, I loved visiting your country, but I have no idea why you're not all dead of heart disease or cholesterol poisoning.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.