The next big thing in the WWF. Brock Lesnar is a professional wrestler.

This guy is huge! Various collegiate wrestling websites have him listed as 285 lbs., which comes to about 758 lbs. in professional wrestling units.

Brock grew up on a farm (much like Rulon Gardner) in Webster, South Dakota. He wrestled in high school, where he had a 33-0 record. In 1998, he became the NJCAA (NCAA for junior colleges) Heavyweight Champ. He then went to a non-junior college, finished in 2nd place as an NCAA Heavyweight. The next year, he became the NCAA champ.

He then decided to pursue a career in professional wrestling. He spent some time in the WWF's development federation, where he learned the ropes and impressed the bosses. He was called up to the WWF during the "brand extension" (see WWF Roster Split) storyline (April 2002) and ended up on Ric Flair's RAW show. He entered the WWF and made his presence known by demolishing a number of 'smaller' wrestlers, no doubt under the evil-influences of the heel manager Paul Heyman. His first big match was at Backlash (2002) where he mopped the floor with Jeff Hardy, one of the Hardy Boys with which Brock has started a feud.

He uses big power moves that may be impossible for other wrestlers to match. He has apparently performed triple-powerbombs on people. His finisher currently appears to be the Spiral Bomb.

He looks to be a promising young wrestler who is entertaining to watch. Hopefully, he'll have a long and injury-free career for many years to come. Like Davidian says below, his moveset is currently limited, but it's probably easier to learn how to do a step-over spinning heel kick than it is to learn how to lift Rikishi over your head.


update 9/2002

Within the last few weeks, Brock has:

Additionally, someone has decided that his finisher move that was described above as a Spiral Bomb should be called the F5. Not sure the origin of the name. Perhaps named after the United States Fighter Aircraft of the same name? Or perhaps a reference to the highest classification of tornados?


update 12/2002

Lost his championship belt to Big Show when Brock's manager Paul Heyman interfered on behalf of Big Show. This has made Brock very upset, and Paul Heyman is now Big Show's manager. He's recently been doing run-ins rather than wrestling actual matches, probably to let his injured ribs heal.


update, post Wrestlemania XX

Brock has left the WWE, supposedly to pursue an NFL career. As he went straight from collegiate wrestling to the WWE, he probably didn't realize that the travel schedule of professional wrestlers is atrocious. There are reports that he was not happy with the traveling.


update, summer 2004

Brock has managed to make good on his attempt to start an NFL career, which is surprising for someone who didn't have football experience in college. He has signed with the Minnesota Vikings and I think he's managed to make the practice squad.

The WWF's late answer to Bill Goldberg. Brock Lesnar is of impressive size and strength (the man hoisted the 440 punds Rikishi up to his shoulds and hit a spinning pancake on him like it was nothing). Brock is being currently being pushed as an animal, who is only controlled by his mouth, the great Paul Heyman. Heyman and Brock compliment each other amazingly well. Sometimes during matches you can hear Heyman yelling instructions to Lesnar. His ring attire is black boots with black tights. There's a white stripe, which kinda looks like a spine, running up the back of his trunks. Even his attire is similar to Goldberg

Brock's moveset is limited. He only pulls off a few power moves and doesn't have the ability to run an excellent match yet, but hey, he just debuted. He has a pancake/flapjack maneuver as well as the Spiral Bomb mentioned by fhayashi. When Brock made his Debut, either the April 1, 2002 or April 8, 2002 Raw he devastated several smaller wrestlers currently involved in a tag match. Brock is currently feuding with the Hardy Boyz. The Feud started when Brock interrupted the tag match and destroyed the hardyz with all his powermoves and the triple powerbomb, with the third one being the spiral bomb. Needless to say, the ring looked like a wasteland. The fued was fueled when Heyman went into the Hardyz's locker room and stole a duffel bag full of Lita's thongs, and began flinging them into the crowd. Lucky crowd. Anywho, Brock went on to demolish Jeff Hardy at Backlash, which occured on Sunday, April 21, 2002. He did not get the pin to win, he just hit powermove after powermove and sqaushed Jeff until the Ref called for the bell. He did the same thing on Raw the next day to Jeff's brother Matt, although Matt did manage to get someoffense in.

For the next several months expect Brock to be "fed" smaller, weaker or unused/misused superstars building him up to be an animal and a killer. A face turn on his current manager will also happen somewhere down the line, as Brock won't be a heel his entire run. Just believe everyone when they say that he's the future of the WWF.

Mr. Lesnar is quite athletic for a man of his size and stature. Videotape evidence exists of one Mr. Lesnar performing a version of the shooting star press (made popular in the U.S. by Billy Kidman), and while Mr. Lesnar can't pull the move off quite as flexibly as Kidman does (in order to land directly in front of the turnbuckles as is Kidman's norm), there is still something mightily impressive about seeing Brock Lesnar's massive body spinning backwards and rotating around to land on a prone opponent halfway across the ring.

Mr. Lesnar is, indeed, the future of the WWE ... Allow him a period of time to develop his character, and eventually, Paul Heyman's services as Mr. Lesnar's agent will no longer be necessary. Then, and only then, will his complete talent be showcased.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.